Mobile App for What hifi?

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

This forum is so popular and interesting.

I want to know if there is a mobile app that allows posting and replying to forum topics on mobile devices... If not, is there going to be one?

Since the advent of Post-PC devices, people like me sometimes spend more time on the portables than they do on their computers...

Since HiFi is also going mobile pretty much, with UPnP apps and all that...

Why can't the biggest HiFi magazine have an app? :) it will be so convenient to post and reply to topics! :)

Just thinking aloud... :)

Thanks,

Hone

John Duncan

No. Responsive design is when a web site detects what you are reading a website with (particularly resolution), and changes its design accordingly. See http://www.stuff.tv/ or http://www.avforums.com/ for examples. So the experience on mobile is different to the experience on desktop, and often forum sections of such websites are designed to make it easier to navigate on a device (see the long, bilious thread on AVForums discussing the merits or otherwise of such an approach).

So instead of an app, you can save that particular page to your home screen and use it a bit like an app.

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
John Duncan said:
No. Responsive design is when a web site detects what you are reading a website with (particularly resolution), and changes its design accordingly. See http://www.stuff.tv/ or http://www.avforums.com/ for examples. So the experience on mobile is different to the experience on desktop, and often forum sections of such websites are designed to make it easier to navigate on a device (see the long, bilious thread on AVForums discussing the merits or otherwise of such an approach).

So instead of an app, you can save that particular page to your home screen and use it a bit like an app.

Right, okay... so it's basically going to be through the browser of a mobile device... Any plans for an app?

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it will definitely be easier than accessing the whole page from a mobile browser and constantly having to zoom in to enter text in text fields... You have to keep zooming in and out and it's quite annoying. The responsive design would definitely be better I feel...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Having looked at the new site designs this afternoon with our dev team, I can assure you it will be responsive and has been designed and tested to format itself automatically to suit the device that it's being viewed on, be that a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop PC.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm jinxing this but it works fine on my android mobile. Used to be tricky via blackberry though and as I recall yphone was a pain too.

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
Having looked at the new site designs this afternoon with our dev team, I can assure you it will be responsive and has been designed and tested to format itself automatically to suit the device that it's being viewed on, be that a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop PC.

That is very exciting! Hope to see the new site soon! :D :bounce: :cheer:

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
a91gti said:
I'm jinxing this but it works fine on my android mobile. Used to be tricky via blackberry though and as I recall yphone was a pain too.

It works 'fine' on my iPhone too! I was just talking about ease of use...:)

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
John and Andy,

I was wondering would there be any kind of interface that would say...

-send alerts when someone replied to your post

-display the popular posts on news feed or something like that

-allow you to follow a post

etc.

Is something like this being considered?

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
And get rid of that word verication thing, does my head in, I like this forum and the people on it but the bloody software........

Note from mods - sorted for you. You shouldn't face any word verification now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts