Mission Speakers

yabeeb

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
hi I’m looking for some advice on speakers. I currently use my dad’s vintage Mission 77s with a Yamaha AS501 Amp. I generally listen to Indie/Rock via Spotify on my Mac and have a Cambridge DACMagic 100 connected too.

To me it sounds quality however my dad wants to theive his Missions back!

im therefore pondering whether to swap like 4 like as they have never failed me or if there are other old Skool missions (perhaps floorstanding) which would be as good, if not better. I was looking into a new pair of Mission LX2s but the man in Richer Sounds said the ones I have were meant for records so the sound will be warmer / more natural, which is what I prefer.

Does anyone have any advice on what to get pls?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
yabeeb said:
hi I’m looking for some advice on speakers.  I currently use my dad’s vintage Mission 77s with a Yamaha AS501 Amp.  I generally listen to Indie/Rock via Spotify on my Mac and have a Cambridge DACMagic 100 connected too.

To me it sounds quality however my dad wants to theive his Missions back!

im therefore pondering whether to swap like 4 like as they have never failed me or if there are other old Skool missions (perhaps floorstanding) which would be as good, if not better.  I was looking into a new pair of Mission LX2s but the man in Richer Sounds said the ones I have were meant for records so the sound will be warmer / more natural, which is what I prefer.

Does anyone have any advice on what to get pls?

I can't say for certain but I think newer missions may be a lot brighter and more forward than the ones of your dad. You may or may not like the result.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts