Mission Cyrus 2 Amplifier Repair Staffordshire

A

Anonymous

Sorry didn't realise a request for info was a want ad....

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tattie what's the problem? Maybe it's a simple fix? Cyrus still repair and service these amps directly but you better have your credit card ready.

A

Anonymous

MajoFubar, sound was crackly, used contact cleaner on volume pot and now I have no sound at all

A

Anonymous

MajorFubar, sound was crackly, used contact cleaner on volume pot and now I have no sound at all

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, dunno how but you managed to edit your post after I typed my reply...the forum's not supposed to allow that...anyway, n'er mind :)

Does the LED light still come on? Are all inputs dead or just certain ones? Does your amp have the headphone socket which came and went on these amps with every wind-change, and if so, can you try that and report back?

Also have a look at the two fuses on the circut board which feed the mains supply to the power amp.

A

Anonymous

Hooked up to psx so power light don't come on anyway :) No headphone socket on amp so that solves that one too :) I do get noise through speakers when I plug them in but that's it

A

Anonymous

Tried all inputs but no joy, used Maplin electrical contact cleaner.have disconnected PSX and red light on

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My next suggestion was to try it without the PSX to try to isolate the issue, but bear in mind that you won't get any sound with the PSX disconnected unless you replace the two internal fuses: basically they link the internal power supply to the power-amps. The amp will definitely be mute without either them or the PSX connected (but NEVER both!).

A

Anonymous

Reconnected PSX as don't have fuses. There is loud crackle through speakers when I touch phono plugs to inputs so assume power getting through but no volume

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Strange...switch cleaner shouldn't nuke the volume-pot (used some recently on my II as well) and I find it unikely that both op-amps have gone at the same time :?

Did you try switch-cleaner on the source-selector mechanism? mind you, again it would be unlikely that all inputs don't work even if one or two needed it. I assume you had the amp disconnected from both the mains and the PSX when you cleaned it?

It's a pitty you can't get hold of the fuses to take the PSX out of the equation (even though there's no reason why It shouldn't still be working). The fuses are 2 x 20mm 3.15A quick-blow fuses, which you can buy in packs of ten from Maplins for a couple of quid.

When you say it crackles when you attached the interconnects, I take it you mean only wth the volume up a little, not with it down?

A

Anonymous

Tried switch cleaner on selectors as well. Amp was disconnected from all inc PSX. Will try fuses after trip to Maplins tomorrow. Don't understand why I am getting speaker noise when touching phono plugs to inputs though. Thank you for your help, most appreciated

A

Anonymous

Sorry, getting speaker crackle even when volume at lowest setting

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts