Mission 752 freedom speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm after a little advise please, i currently have a pair of mission 752 Freedom floorstanders which i like very much and are in mint condition but i can't help feeling these are behind in technology and sound with todays speakers ?

My quesion is would a pair of tannoy revolution dc6t or monitor bronze bx6 or something with the same budget be a much better sound than mine ? i don't want to spend £550 for the sake of it. my equipment is cd and pm marantz 6004 with chord crimson interconnects and chord silverscreen speaker wire.
thank you in advance.
Chris.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Same situation over here.

Heard the new KEF R500 and they seem like a proper replacement, where I at least get the feeling that it's also sounds better than just different.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sure you can improve on them but it has little to do with modern tehnology being better than old. They made fantastic-sounding speakers over half a century ago. The myth that new technology is automatically better than old is exactly that: a myth :)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
spockfish said:
Same situation over here.

Heard the new KEF R500 and they seem like a proper replacement, where I at least get the feeling that it's also sounds better than just different.
I was going to replace my 752s with the kef r500 or the r700 you can see the r700 in my avatar but I liked the r700 and the good lady loved the sound but thought they were to tall as when she sat down at the dinning table she couldn't see the whole sceen so I checked out the atc scms and Iloved em job done . I think you will need to spend good money to better the 752s good luck :) :)

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the replys guys, much appreciated......I did alot of reading on the 752 freedoms at the time and thought they were a good choice, i can't afford to pay more than £600 really so i think i will stick with the 752's and keep my wonga in the back pocket for now then. i love this forum by the way,i read as much as i can but can't really post much because i don't really know my stuff at the moment,but getting there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts