Message For:- Andy Clough If Possible Please (Philips TV Issue?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Andy

I know you have a philips tv and would like to hear your thoughts on an issue I have noticed with my philips tv, well I have had the 37pfl7603D for over a year now and am very happy with it's physical appearence (including ambilight), build quality and picture quality, however I have noticed from the very beginning that there is something wrong with the sound, nothing I am sure which can be fixed so to speak

When watching say question time the spoken diction is spot on, detailed and clear with constant volume, however on some films in particular, and say coronation street it is very difficult at times to hear what is being said when people are speaking quietly, also when you hear the news and they go to different scenes the volume appears to be lower than it should be, hope you understand what I mean, it's mainly on quiter diction on certain films/programs, my equalizer has been manually changed and changed to speech only as well

If you turn the volume up it makes the volume too loud when people are talking louder and on sound tracks which would indicate that on quieter sceens the amplification is possibly too low, on my 29" sony crt which I had for ten years I never had this issue and used digital freeview, I am sure there is some sort of issue and wondered if you have experienced it at all or noticed this on any new tv sets in general?

Thanks

Gary

D

Deleted member 2457

I don't know if this helps but i recently had the philips 40pfl9704 tv and the sound on the football was terrible, it almost sounded distorted at times, you could hear like a buzzing noise from the football commentators microphones or something, i don't know what it was but then like you say on other programmes it was crystal clear sound, and sounded pretty good.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:you could hear like a buzzing noise from the football commentators microphones or something

799px-Vuvuzelas_1.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

emotion-2.gif
I just thought a minute ago, someone is going to get me with that one with one of those
emotion-2.gif

I can assure you it was not coming from one of those
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I am pretty sure it was coming from the microphones the football commentators was using and the tv was picking up the sound from them, i have never heard that before.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:Clickety

emotion-2.gif
I can assure you i am not winding anyone up either
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

I am just trying to think if happened on something else as well.

D

Deleted member 2457

One question i do have is when i turned that philips tv on, it turned my amp on at the same time, and i tried switching to the 2nd hdmi but it still happened there too, is that now the norm with these tvs? or can it be programmed to stop it from doing it?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:At a guess turn off the HDMI control.

How do i do that?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello Andy

Just curious if you are there now and back from holiday and can comment on my original post please as I know you have a philips tv

Thanks

Gary

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi garyjos. Yes (sadly!) I'm back from holiday today. I haven't experienced the problem you mention, but often the volume level on different programmes/channels can vary enormously, and that's down to the broadcasters.

On some commercial channels, for example, the volume on the ads is much louder than the programmes themselves, which can be infuriating as you have to keep turning the volume down when the ads come on, then back up again when the programme continues.

It could just be that there are volume variations on the different programmes you're watching.

TRENDING THREADS