Merlin Chopin Interconnects are they any good?

A

Anonymous

everything i've read about them seems positive - do they still compete with the best

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I auditioned several about 3 years ago and the Chopin came out top for me. It cost £85.

I see they now sell this particular one as the Chopin Classic for £40!

Seems like a bargain to me.

A

Anonymous

I bought some Chord Chorus 2 to replace my Merlin Chopin. After 2 months trial, I have just sold the Chorus 2. The extra money that the chorus 2 cost was not worth it over the Merlin Chopin's. I recommend the Chopins!!!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
vikingphone:Merlin Chopin Interconnects are they any good seen some cheap ones on ebay?

for the price they are selling for on Ebay, I think they are a great buy. The most obvious sound when use the Chopin is Treble sound more open and have more air. They are one of them that many people could pick out blind folded. They are also quite flat and very light which could be a plus point when you are playing around in the back of system.

A

Anonymous

See below..........love em......great service from Merlin as well........mine were delivered next day...

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Seeing as these are available for £40 it sounds like it could be a worthwhile upgrade from my CA Pacific. How does the Chopin fair with rock music? (bearing in mind its classical name)

Thaiman:

vikingphone:Merlin Chopin Interconnects are they any good seen some cheap ones on ebay?

for the price they are selling for on Ebay, I think they are a great buy. The most obvious sound when use the Chopin is Treble sound more open and have more air. They are one of them that many people could pick out blind folded. They are also quite flat and very light which could be a plus point when you are playing around in the back of system.

Absolutely TM - they perfect for mid-range Arcam stuff or anything that requires more transparancy.

They are also very competent with rock music.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Agreed; had one with my Arcam and although I've now got a Chord for the new set-up, saved the Merlin to connect my AV Master.

Thoroughly recommend the Tarantula Mains Block as well - makes a hell of a diference to the telly apart from anything else. If you go via e-bay, they will consider sensible offers - especially if you want multiple items.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts