Meridian MF10 - Is this the best projector at this price level?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to purchase a projector for the first time and have been advised the Meridian MF10 is the best at this price level and beyond. 

I have found it difficult to find any decent reviews on this projector, can anyone help?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums!

What's your budget, and can you tell us a bit more about your system (Source; screen; receiver; speakers etc) and size of room?

A

Anonymous

My budget for the projector is up to 8K

My system comprises of the following:

Arcam MS320 music server

Arcam DV29

Arcam FMJ AV9ÿ

Arcam FMJ P7 x2 (for biamping)

Sony PS3 (Current blu ray source as I intend to upgrade once Arcam unit becomes available)

Sky HDÿ

B&W 703 x2

B&W ASW 750 x2

B&W CWM DS8 x4 (ceiling mounted)

Cinemax HD300T Screen

Future Automations PD2 Projector Lift

ÿ

My room is 3.5m wide by 6.5 m and is dedicated for cinema use.

Thanks,

Danÿ

A

Anonymous

Welcome Dan and I'd like to start of by saying, what a fantastic system you have!

Although Clare will be able to offer you an opinion on the Meridian, I would like to express how the Marantz VP-11S1 projector should also be looked into: Although I havn't seen the Meridian, the Marantz is as good as projectors can get in the home and the Konica-Minolta lens is one of the very best lenses available - as clear and pure as it gets.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
At the level you are looking at the Marantz is a prime contender as Hughes123 mentions. I would also look very closely at the Projection Design Spectra , this is one of the very best models around at the moment - everytime we demonstrate it we are surpirsed at just how good it is.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look the Marantz VP-11S1 as soon as I can.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Nick, I have not heard of this make but I will take a look.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm jealous! At the price/level you're looking at - and with that set-up - i'd urge home trials for any projector you consider, plus professional calibration (which dealers of any of these products should be able to offer).

Yes, i'd try the Meridian, Marantz and Projection Design - but also the SIM2 line-up and (and this might throw some people) the JVC range.

Many of today's high-end designs (including the Meridian) are based on JVC's HDILA panels, and JVC's own models - particularly the new JVC DLA-HD750 - offering astonishing performance-per-pound value. I'd urge you to look at the HD750 and then work up in price to see if you find the improvements worth the extra investment to you.

I'd also urge you, while auditioning, to borrow a high-end Blu-ray player (eg the Pioneer LX91 or the Denon 3800BD), as you're never going to judge what these projectors are truly capable of using a PS3 as the source.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Thanks so much for your input its really helpful.

I have already seen the Meridian in action against the Sim2 HT380 using T1 lens and Pioneer blu ray as source and thought the Meridian had the edge in terms of picture quality.

I look forward to checking out the other models you have suggested.

Best,ÿ

Danÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No worries, Dan - the JVC is easily overlooked, but it's an awesome projector. And as mentioned, don't forget to budget for calibration: can make an immense amount of difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts