Members Clasified

Stuartk

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Do we have a members for sale section on the forum?

If not can we at least post that we have a product for sale.

Thanks

Stuart.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Stuartk said:
Hello,

Thanks

Stuart.
It's been talked about for years and at one point I believe WHF were looking into it but it never happened and at this time trading remains against the house rules, so you'll have to try elsewhere for now.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The goal of the magazine is to contribute as a media to a more efficient hi-fi trade on the market. Their focus is on new gear and advertisers certanly wont appreciate the magazine's forum facilitating second hand trade.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Stuartk said:
Hello,

Thanks

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

At the moment, no, we don't have a classified section for Forum members to sell hi-fi gear and as pointed out, it's against the House Rules to trade on the site. It is something that has been raised before, and in an ideal world something we would like to offer in the future. But I can't see it happening any time soon I'm afraid as we have other things to fix first.

Andy Clough said:
Stuartk said:
Hello,

Thanks

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

At the moment, no, we don't have a classified section for Forum members to sell hi-fi gear and as pointed out, it's against the House Rules to trade on the site. It is something that has been raised before, and in an ideal world something we would like to offer in the future. But I can't see it happening any time soon I'm afraid as we have other things to fix first.

To be honest Andy I think a Clasified section would have too limited an audience as many forumees live abroad and there are already plenty of classified websites available.

Stuartk

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
The goal of the magazine is to contribute as a media to a more efficient hi-fi trade on the market. Their focus is on new gear and advertisers certanly wont appreciate the magazine's forum facilitating second hand trade.

Fair point but that certainly hasn't deterred any advertisers from the AVForum.

Stuartk

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
Stuartk said:
Hello,

Thanks

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

Thanks Andy for your reply, nicely put.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:

But promoting a healthier second hand market improves new sales. Maybe if I could sell some of my kit at a decent price I would upgrade but the market is depressed and second hand prices low.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
But promoting a healthier second hand market improves new sales. Maybe if I could sell some of my kit at a decent price I would upgrade but the market is depressed and second hand prices low.

Absolutely. I'm just thinking that WHF is focused on the potential buyers who already sold their s/h stuff or got this month's disposable income in their paycheck and now need to do research on what to buy. No second hand gear to distract him/her while the pages turn and lovely new shiny things promise many happy hours of entertainment ahead. A flea market and a fancy shopping mall don't go together under the same roof, despite their market synergy.

Or they just haven't gotten around to it. *pardon*

Stuartk said:

WHF is a magazine (printed and digital) primarily. The forum is an attachment to that and it's lacking compared to large standalone forums online, since the resources are primarily focused on the magazine.

Now, AVForum is primarily a forum which decided to do some hi-fi reviews as an addon on their front pages, and they even haven't bothered creating a proper portal. It still uses the forum shell, the name and brand is still a Forum. Same could be said for Audioholics and other large standalone forums. They all want to add a touch of magazine class to their online presence in order to attract advertisers.

Stuartk

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
RobinKidderminster said:

Absolutely. I'm just thinking that WHF is focused on the potential buyers who already sold their s/h stuff or got this month's disposable income in their paycheck and now need to do research on what to buy. No second hand gear to distract him/her while the pages turn and lovely new shiny things promise many happy hours of entertainment ahead. A flea market and a fancy shopping mall don't go together under the same roof, despite their market synergy.

Or they just haven't gotten around to it. *pardon*

Stuartk said:

WHF is a magazine (printed and digital) primarily. The forum is an attachment to that and it's lacking compared to large standalone forums online, since the resources are primarily focused on the magazine.

Now, AVForum is primarily a forum which decided to do some hi-fi reviews as an addon on their front pages, and they even haven't bothered creating a proper portal. It still uses the forum shell, the name and brand is still a Forum. Same could be said for Audioholics and other large standalone forums. They all want to add a touch of magazine class to their online presence in order to attract advertisers.

Thank you, Yes I agree but if we are talking about just the forum part here and nothing to do with whether it has a portal or not ( don't even know if that would make a difference to the reader or in fact what it is lol)

the AV Forum in my opinion looks far more professional than WHF which again to me looks boring in comparison, I look at the AV site front page and think WOW what's that, and that's what it's all about certainly from an advertisers point of view that's gold for them.

I know and understand what you are saying and you are correct of course WHF primary source is the magazine and brilliant it is to I have been buying it for many years.

Yes The AVForum does have some Hi-Fi reviews and good they are too no different to WHF in my opinion and I remember when it was just WHF but now it's WHF, Sound and Vision as they review AV too.

As far as I can remember, one of the major issues stated by WHF? in the past is policing and fraud checks. It's a massive headache to take on. AV forums are very proactive. I don't think this forum currently has the resources to deal with it.

Stuartk

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
As far as I can remember, one of the major issues stated by WHF? in the past is policing and fraud checks. It's a massive headache to take on. AV forums are very proactive. I don't think this forum currently has the resources to deal with it.

Ah I see, thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts