Mcr 510 and spotify

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Marantz Melody and am enjoying it but i am having troube with the Spotify function....i am having to use the Android app on my phone as i cant seem to get the laptop to sync directly with the Marantz.

I have got a premium subscription so i have changed the settings under the the edit list to play 'high quality streaming' and 'Gapless playback' but i wanted to know if this would register on the android app,it doesn't seem to...Does anybody have any suggestions on how i can play songs on my Spotify account on my Laptop and have the sound come out my stereo seakers without the use of wires etc....Thanks in advace for any help..

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
High-quality streaming/syncing is naturally a per-app setting—you may want to play music from your computer with high quality, but from your phone with a lower setting to save on space or bandwidth. Have you tried to change the setting in your phone?

In case you are having trouble with the Sporify app for Android, do you have it updated? There used to be a bug that caused the setting not to appear in portrait mode, but is supposed to be fixed now. You can check this for the details.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My understanding of Spotify on the Marantz is that you don't need your laptop on to search or see your playlists. It's kind of the main selling point that you can enjoy Spotify without the PC whirring away in the background. The Marantz should be able to stream directly over your ethernet cable, which is controlled rather than streamed by the app, so it ought to help save your phone's battery life too.

MCR510 or 610 owners might be able to clarify precisely how this works. There are quite a few owners on this forum, so help shouldn't be too far away.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, your m-cr510 has Spotiy built in.. just download marantz remote app for your phone and you're ready to control your little Marantz.

However, ' radio' option is missing in your 510 but still available on Spotify stand alone apps.

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have got the Marantz app on my phone but you cant see your albums or artists etc, i find that i have to add albums into my playlists from my laptop in order to see it on the phones app....not sure if that makes any sense....also dont kow if it plays in the highest sound quality when using the phones app....thank you for all the replies..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts