Maxflinn.....advice on Monitor Audio

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Max, I've just invested in a pair of Monitor Audio RS5's and I'm looking to match a centre speaker. I see you use your RX6's with the BX centre/rears.....is this a good match? Love some input from you before I decide which road to go down.

Thanks in anticipation

A

Anonymous

hi grdunn ..

ive actually got rx6 fronts with a br centre , sub and sats , i did have br5 fronts initially ..

i cant say i found any issues after replacing the br5s with the rx6s , ive used my yamaha amps auto set-up with the microphone , and it all sounds good to me , although ive upped the level of the centre a touch on my yam , not because i felt i had to , but because i like good loud dialogue for movies ..

i dont know if your rs5s would match with a br/bx centre ? some of the more experienced forumites might have an opinion there , although the usual advice of demoing will probably be given
emotion-1.gif

have you considered a 2nd hand rs centre ? that will obviously match , and it would probably cost less than a new br/bx centre too ..

btw the rears are apparently easier to match , its the front three that are said to be the most important , and any decent sub will fit the bill afaik ..
emotion-21.gif

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Max....I couldn't stretch to the RX6's so snapped up these ex demo RS5's and they sound great! Wanna match them up with a really good centre as I agree, it's crucial to have a good dialogue channel

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif
my dealer took delivery of a nice new walnut rx centre for me this very day
emotion-11.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You could also look out for a Gold centre, as these match up very well with the RS series too. It may be a little more, but if you get the right colour option at the right price, it's worth thinking about.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

You could also look out for a Gold centre, as these match up very well with the RS series too. It may be a little more, but if you get the right colour option at the right price, it's worth thinking about.

Funny you should mention this and thanks for your input! Been looking at one....what sort of price would you expect a 3year old (Gold) mint example to fetch?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Id get a RS centre if possible . or GS like frank said. just think Rx series cant organise music like i like speakers to.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanx Ear, just wired in the RS5's and they are a massive improvement over the Mission M33i's I was using. Now sure that i need to get the best centre that I can afford so may try and get the Gold....you don't think the RX centre is an improvement over the RS centre?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Real Gold? A fortune!!
emotion-1.gif

Well they were about £560, so a mint one with box would be about £350/400. Maybe £250/300 if marked. I do know of one of our customers who was selling a Silver one, but I don't know if he still has it or not.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanx David, I've made an offer on one that didn't sell on a well known auction site but not confident in getting it for the price I've pitched. If you do know of someone who has one to sell then I'd be grateful for an introduction (if that isn't breaking any house rules).

Thanx again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts