matching amplifier for Proac studio 110

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi! I´ve just bought a pair of Proac studio 110 and really love the sound. My amplifier seems to have trouble running them, though. I have a Marantz setup: pm4001 and cd 5001. I listen to classical music only. My price limit is 10000 punds. I want a sound that is realistic and I often prefer old recordings to new ones. (40 year old recordings seems to me to capture a presence that new ones often lack. You get a sense of being in the same room as the performer.)Can someone give me some advice? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Chopin"]My price limit is 10000 punds.[/quote]
I am sure there are a few typos out there.
A Cyrus or an Arcam.

A

Anonymous

Sorry. It was supposed to be 1000 pounds. I have problems getting hold of Cyrus in Norway. Which Arcam where you thinking of? Brands I can audition are Marantz, Arcam and Primare. I have also been thinking of Audiolab, Quad and Musical Fidelity. Does anyone know how these match with ethe Proac speakers?

A

Anonymous

You are mentioning all good manufacturers. At that level, it is more a matter of personal listening than advices. Because you know best what sound you like the most. Just make a short list of the ones that are available in your country and fall in your price bracket. Then come back and we'll be glad to help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts