Marmitek IR Sender

harrisonaard1

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Not to be confused with a 'video sender' or any other type, this natty little system, which is quite cheap, at about £25, is for your remote control to 'control' your gubbins if you like the nice clean and dust free lines of 'nothing to see'. (in a cupboard, in a cabinet, in the attic(?), in another room). They are quite fetching little pyramids about 11cm high and all you do is plug them in! You can also have an 'extender lead', which has little sticky pads (two) on the end of them, which you can stick over the IR input-point of your seperates, or to the door of the cupboard, if you like. You can also extend the system as much as you like, with other recievers. So, from the comfort of the sofa, you can turn on or off, or anything else for that matter, - anything which uses a remote control! Have you seen Wall-E? Add in a lovely learning remote, like the Logitech series, and all you need to do is turn it all on and wait for the take-away to be delivered! Five-stars to Marmitek.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Bought a set of these pyramids last month when I relocated all the "ugly" kit into the garage. I actually have the transmitter inside a glass fronted cabinet so you can't even see that (other than the blue light that flashes everytime you press a remote button). Also use a Harmony One. Makes for an uncluttered lounge.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Top notch bit of, especially as it doesn't cost the earth.
I'm thinking of getting an extra transmiter for the kitchen. Would highly recommend these.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts