Marantz Sa7001ki DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know there's alot of us out there with the beautiful 7001ki. I adore this CD player and will part with it very reluctantly. So don't suggest another player cause I'm in love lol. My question is. Would I benefit from an outboard DAC? will it massively change the 'feel' of the player or simply give me better resolution and clarity. I've been looking to upgrade my system and other than my search for a p90 amplifier (rare to see em ATM) it's the only other area I'm wondering if I'm missing out.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Fizzy, it's a difficult question, because it actually comes down to the quality of the internal DAC in 700Ki, and how much you are willing to spend on an external DAC. If you could give the good people here a budget, and an idea of the DACs you are currently looking at, that will help.

And yes it probably will 'massively change' the feel of the player because the sound will be produced by a different D/A converter which invariably will have a different sound unless it's based on the same type of chip as the one in your player.

T

the record spot

pretty much as above. I've had this player for a while now and it's a stunner. Change by all means but it'll probably mean spending more than on the likes of the budget favourites. Think Stello's SA100 at £650 or better. You lose the SACD capability too which may or may not be a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts