Marantz SA 8005 DAC - Upgrade to Chord Qutest ?

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been streaming Tidal to my Marantz SA 8005 CD /DAC and I'm very pleased with the result, but I'd like to improve it all if I can. Upgradeitis !

The SA 8005 has a good reputation and in my view gives an easy detailed safe sound. The new Chord DAC's have an awesome reputation but would a Chord Qutest be a worthwhile upgrade ?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
You are going to have to try. I like the marantz warm musical sound. Everything I read about chord DACs suggests they are bright and extremely detailed. It seems to me they are very different to marantz in their description

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
muljao said:
You are going to have to try. I like the marantz warm musical sound. Everything I read about chord DACs suggests they are bright and extremely detailed. It seems to me they are very different to marantz in their description

+1

You have to listen to see if you like the chord's presentation or not.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Update - I may pause this potential upgrade for now, as streaming Tidal is only at CD quality, I'm already getting very good/excellent results, and i have a backlog of other upgrades to try ! The Chord DAC may wait until i have a good hi res digital source. Thanks for all the advice though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts