Marantz SA 15S1 Vs Arcam CD 17

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am in a state of confusion over choosing any of these two players. My speakers are B&W 805 with the Bryston pre and Power. Which will a better match for my setup Marantz or Arcam

Regards

T

the record spot

Oooo, best bet would be have a listen to them both and see what you think. Both are excellent I think, but at the price and the money you're thinking about spending, it's not my opinion that counts.

Both offer similar features too, in that I think (but am not certain) that the Arcam also offers SACD as per the Marantz player.

A

Anonymous

The Arcam fmj cd-17 don't read sacd, but it's a very good cd player, with little more detail than Marantz, which instead read sacd...

If you don't have sacd, i would go for Arcam, otherwise for Marantz or for Arcam cd37(sacd too).

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply , yes the Arcam CD 17 does not read SACD and thats not a big issue for me , since I dont have much SACD collection. I am looking for a warm and rich sound. Also whats the differene between the SA 7001 KI and the Marantz SA 15s1 , Since both use the same DAC , will the sound be similar.

Regards

T

the record spot

I can't speak for the Arcam but the Marantz has a big, wide open sound to it. Very easy to listen to for hours on end which I do! It's detailed without being clinical and a very musical piece of kit. I wouldn't describe it as warm and rich but more neutral. That can be influenced by the partne equipment. Take care here as if partnering with lean or bright kit can be a bit too much. Otherwise no issues of note - very highly recommended if you can find one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Record Spot , I am also considering the Rega Apollo CDP . The Marantz SA 15S1 is a Phased out model and my distributor doesnt have the stock. He is offering me a Rega Apollo , Cyrus8SE , Ayon CD07 , which among these will be a good buy.

regards

T

the record spot

The Cyrus would be a bit of a step-up over the Rega, which is pretty decent for the money. Never heard of, nor know the Ayon player or brand alas. All may or may not be a good buy depending on what your take is on any of these players. I'd be looking at the 8SE first though; good source, great flexibility, upgradeable...expensive yes, but a fine CD player.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
A friend of mine upgraded from Cyrus 8SE to Marantz SA11S1 to Ayon Audio CD1 to Ayon Audio CD2 and he is extremely happy about it.

Another friend of mine has the Rega Apollo and listening to Ayon Audio CD2 has decided to go for Ayon Audio 1S.

Personally I would consider the Ayon Audio CD1 and above are better than the Rega and Cyrus or even the Marantz. However, I have not heard the Ayon Audio entry level CD7 and so not sure about that.

Interestingly Ayon CD7 alone has ipod dock as well built in to the CD player. Like the bigger brothers, it also has digitial in and has volume controlled output.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gopi , Looks like the Ayon CD 07 do not have a Volume Controlled Output, Only the CD 1s is having that. I heard the Ayon CD 07 in my friends place and I did not like the sound and for the price its a rip off, never heard the other models from Ayon though. How do you compare the Rega Apollo with other CDP at that Price range

A

Anonymous

Thanks record spot , I will audition the Cyrus as well before deciding , but heard that the Cyrus Mechanism is having some trouble loading the CD's , is this an issue??

T

the record spot

It certainly was an issue on release, but the problems appear to have been ironed out. Not good enough that they happened in the first place though (especially at the price of the thing), but worth a look now I think. Your call there though!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:It certainly was an issue on release, but the problems appear to have been ironed out. Not good enough that they happened in the first place though (especially at the price of the thing), but worth a look now I think. Your call there though!

Yeah , I faced the problem when I auditioned the 8SE , the CD did not come out and the poor chap in the stores had a hell of the time to take it out .i dont want to do that in my home often , even though the sound was good , I am little bothered about this issue.

T

the record spot

Ah! Well, I understand your concerns. My take's not really changed much - it's a problem that ought to have been thoroughly checked out during the pre-release testing process. For the money asked, that's a bit of a given in my book. Perhaps he had an older version of the player. Sorry to hear it didn't work out though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts