Marantz PM8003

A

Anonymous

Great. Look forward to reading it - just out of curiousity...

A

Anonymous

Woo hoo, any chance you can also test how it doubles up as a power amp for AV duties.

Thanks.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
What about the PM6003 ?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

It depends when/if Marantz supply it.

We had to get a PM8003 ourselves as we waited 8 months and nothing arrived...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Cypher:What about the PM6003 ?
emotion-2.gif

Delighted to confirm that we're still on course to get the exclusive review of the new Marantz '6003 CD player and amplifier. No exact date yet, but you'll read it here (well, in-mag and then up here!) first.

T

the record spot

Interested to read the mag bought a PM6003, yet the SA7001-KI went under the radar unnoticed a couple of years back. Any reasons why on that one?

It was at the pretty competitive £600 price mark (Exposure 2010s, Audiolab 8000CD, etc) but nary a word. I know you depend on what the manufacturers supply, and the purse isn't bottomless (c'mon Claire, Louis Vitton do these huge things that hold plenty wedge - well, the one in Edinburgh does anyway!!), but Marantz always seemed to feature highly in the mag and the lower budget products were featuring strongly at the time in various issues too. Just curious!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To clarify, it's the PM8003 we've got ourselves, not the 6003, which is due from Marantz.

Re the SA7001-KI - that's going back a bit and i've no recollection of the specifics. Likely it was a similar shortage of review samples and/or lack of budget to buy one in.
I wasn't in control of the purse-strings back then
emotion-2.gif

We do try and get in as much kit as possible, but can't review everything - though we try!

T

the record spot

Thanks Claire - much appreciated. It only struck me after the event, I'd been looking to change my CD player last summer, checked the buying guide and there was a "hole" where the Marantz should've been! Found a couple of other reviews and then landed the player for a less than half-price deal brand new. Excellent player, but needs careful matching.

The 8003 (the KI equivalent) looks interesting, but think I read an iffy review somewhere. Really hope you get some of the limited edition Pearl kit though; £2500 a pop (amp and CD player), but lots of trickle down stuff from the more esoteric Marantz ranges makes them a tempting prospect!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I believe we've the Pearl pairing heading in for our Temptations section. We've also got a really interesting interview with Ken Ishiwata coming up here on the site v.soon....

T

the record spot

Ah, excellent - big fan of KI, so will look forward to that. Being as I have a bit of redundancy enforced time on my hands just now, do feel free to forward the Pearls on for a bit of a home review session if you, me and Marantz can agree on the finer points of a home loan. Can't say fairer than that I think...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts