Marantz PM8003 vs PM6007 for B&W DM 605 S2

CryptBala

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Hi All,

I do not have any audition options available. I already have a Marantz PM6005 and PM6007 I am yet to listen to the PM6007 it is still in the box. I got a good deal for PM8003 should I go for it or should I stick with 6007 since it has got a Sub out which PM8003 doesn't have. there is a sub input available in my speakers which I would like to leverage. I am bit confused between connectivity and power please advise

Hi All,

I do not have any audition options available. I already have a Marantz PM6005 and PM6007 I am yet to listen to the PM6007 it is still in the box. I got a good deal for PM8003 should I go for it or should I stick with 6007 since it has got a Sub out which PM8003 doesn't have. there is a sub input available in my speakers which I would like to leverage. I am bit confused between connectivity and power please advise
I guess it's going to depend on how much you think a subwoofer is necessary....
The 605s are not a difficult load

Hi All,

Unbox the 6007 and see what think. If it's not a big improvement, look at Rotel amplification. @Al ears has the experience with up to date Rotel, but having heard older models they are a great match for B&W speakers

Reactions: Al ears
Unbox the 6007 and see what think. If it's not a big improvement, look at Rotel amplification. @Al ears has the experience with up to date Rotel, but having heard older models they are a great match for B&W speakers
I don't understand the comment about "there is a sub input available in my speakers" perhaps O P could explain and decide exactly what he wants from a stereo system.

Last edited:

CryptBala

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
B&W Rear Side.jpg

As you can see from the speakers there is an option to give input for the sub. only my marantz PM6007 has a sub out but the amp that I am planning to purchase PM8003 doesn't have a sub out that's where my confusion is. Needless to say its an active speaker

CryptBala

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you. I just post the connection pic here just in case one might see it later. I guess for now I will drop the idea of buying the PM8003 and stick with my PM6007. Thanks a lot people. Appreciate it.

Encoder.PNG

sub.PNG

Reactions: Al ears

Annu

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
Thank you. I just post the connection pic here just in case one might see it later. I guess for now I will drop the idea of buying the PM8003 and stick with my PM6007. Thanks a lot people. Appreciate it.

View attachment 3257

View attachment 3259
View attachment 3248

As you can see from the speakers there is an option to give input for the sub. only my marantz PM6007 has a sub out but the amp that I am planning to purchase PM8003 doesn't have a sub out that's where my confusion is. Needless to say its an active speaker
You dont need pre-out option for active sub in Marantz pm6005. Use mono port and connect direct to your active sub. I am using the same connection from 3yrs to till now without any issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts