Marantz pm7001KI change to Rega Brio R???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of changing marantz pm7001ki and sa7001 to the rega brio r, possibly paired with rega dac, currently paired with focal 816V which will not be changed.

Willl the rega be able to power the speakers and will there be much difference in the amp? Hoping the rega willl give more energy.

Thanks

matthewpiano

Having heard the PM7001KI and the Rega Brio-R, and excellent though the Brio-R is, I think you'll find it too much of a sideways move personally. Certainly you'll get a different presentation, the Rega having a more deft touch than the Marantz, but I don't think you'll find it a massive night and day difference in terms of overall sound quality. Only way to be really sure is to audition the Rega for yourself in your own system.

Otherwise I'd be looking (and if necessary waiting) for a more substantial upgrade.

T

the record spot

Have to agree with matthewpiano above, pretty much where I'd be coming from too - the 7001KI is a fine amp by all accounts, but you may find the Brio R suits your needs. Give it a spin and see what you think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts