Marantz PM7000N

Gelatinous_Blob

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
Are there any reviews comparing the Marantz PM7000N to the Cambridge CXA61? Seems like a it would be a great match up!

Agree.

I'm starting to lose the plot with reviews. What are they for? Presumably to help interested folk make buying decisions, but when there's little by way of comparison they sort of float uselessly in an intellectual vacuum.

I'd be interested to know, from someone with good ears:

How does the system sound in relation to other products in the Marantz stable - the Melody X and the NR1200. What are the benefits over and above these products?

A comparison with other products like the CXA61 or the Quad Vena II Play (which looks like a better value proposition to me)...

manicm

Agree.

I'm starting to lose the plot with reviews. What are they for? Presumably to help interested folk make buying decisions, but when there's little by way of comparison they sort of float uselessly in an intellectual vacuum.

How does the system sound in relation to other products in the Marantz stable - the Melody X and the NR1200. What are the benefits over and above these products?

A comparison with other products like the CXA61 or the Quad Vena II Play (which looks like a better value proposition to me)...
Agree.

Without listening the PM7000N, I can categorically state it will sound better than any Melody or the NR1200 as it uses HDAM and Shotky modules which those cheaper components lack. And other reviews have confirmed this. The least glowing review still stated it’s excellent value for money.

Personally, I would choose this over the Quad Vena for two reasons of convenience; I’m unsure about the DTS Play-Fi platform, and I want to attach USB drives. I’ll admit the Quad may sound even better.

Reactions: Gelatinous_Blob

Rick5

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
Are there any reviews comparing the Marantz PM7000N to the Cambridge CXA61? Seems like a it would be a great match up!
I’d like to see that. I am getting close to buying the cxa61 amp with the Cambridge Solo phono preamp, (plus a good subwoofer), then later for robust streaming, when I can afford the next item, adding the Cambridge CXN V2 network player. But for a lot less, the impressive seeming Marantz 7000N has a similarly powered amp, good DAC, integrated phono stage,, WiFi and aptx . And the sound comparison is ..... anyone?

juliz7

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I was wondering if you can pair wireless headphones to the marantz 7000n through bluetooth, or if the bluetooth from the marantz amp is only a receiver?
Regards

Alex Kwan

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
Agree.

I own Melody X aka CR-612 and bought PM7000N few days ago. I would say PM7000N is way better re sound quality (no need to explain i guess), i can't go back to Melody X now.

There is one difference between Melody X and PM7000N from usage point of view. I could turn on and trigger Melody X using HEOS app - Melody X still connects to WIFI in its standby mode. In the contrary, PM7000N cut off the WIFI module when it is off and therefore, I must be physical there to turn on PM7000N first, wait a bit for it to connect to WIFI. Another difference is, HEOS could control 'bass/treble' for Melody X, but not for PM7000N.

In any event, PM7000N is much better in sound quality and do not regret at all

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts