Question Marantz PM7000n with MA Silver 200's

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Anyone have this setup? Both pieces of kit have great reviews but how well do they work together?

I have a demo arranged but should I also look at equivalent price stand mounts instead. I read it might not drive the floorstanders?

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks! It is a converted double garage - 6.25m by 5.14m - would that be OK?

(With a pool table and half a dozen pinball machines in but that's a different matter!)

D

Deleted member 116933

@Martian Church Its not that the 200 and the amp won't make noise but the amp might not be able to handle the load swings, 8ohn nomial with a dip to 4/5. Some amps don't like that and that leads to an anaemic sound. never heard the combo so comment directly but that's what could happen. And this really has nothing to do with Watts either.

BUT this isn't just with expensive speakers this also holds true for budget speakers. 2 -3 quid speakers can be difficult to drive well.

If it were me id drop the budget on the speakers to around the 500 mark and then put that extra cash into the amp. And if you're not opposed to another box id separate the streaming section from the amp. something like a bluesound streamer.

You're doing the right thing listening, but while you're there listen to all your options.

have fun!

Reactions: Martian Church
Anyone have this setup? Both pieces of kit have great reviews but how well do they work together?

I have a demo arranged but should I also look at equivalent price stand mounts instead. I read it might not drive the floorstanders?

If budget allows then Monitors Audio’s own and their new soon to be released Roksan Attessa Integrated amplifier or Attessa Streaming amplifier are also worth bearing in mind.

The Attessa amplifiers would have been partly designed with Silver 200’s and therefore Attessa amplifiers should have ample power, quality of power for most and synergise with Silver 200’s perfectly well.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
If budget allows then Monitors Audio’s own and their new soon to be released Roksan Attessa Integrated amplifier or Attessa Streaming amplifier are also worth bearing in mind.

The Attessa amplifiers would have been partly designed with Silver 200’s and therefore Attessa amplifiers should have ample power, quality of power for most and synergise with Silver 200’s perfectly well.

Are there 2 versions? One without BluOS at £995 the other with at £1495?

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

manicm

The Attessa turntable seems direct drive, or driven by a ‘solid aluminium pulley’?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts