Marantz PM6005 review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Teeny weeny bit disappointed. Unlike the 6004, the 6005 has the benefit of a built-in HD DAC, and so I thought that as well as Airplay the 6005 would have network-streaming. Kind of a grown-up 'audiophile' MC-R610 without the radio and CD. Perhaps they thought including network playback would stomp on the toes of their NA7004 (which must surely be ready to be pensioned off), but by not including network playback they seem to have given us a product which apparently sounds great but doesn't deliver the facilities its digital hardware is obviously capable of. Pitty.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
More people here own the PM6005 and would like to tell your opinion about it ?

The amp is getting rave reviews........the german magazines were also very positive.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Read the What Hifi review. They say there are improvements.

I believe them because the PM6004 sounded better than the PM6003.

Bromiley

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Andy

I've just read the good review of the Marantz PM6005. Can you tell me which speakers were used for your review, please? I'd also like your opionion on Marantz (PM6005) vs the Rotel RA-12 paired with the new B&W 686 S2 speakers.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
GCE said:
Not to speak about beauty, build and look, can we say that Marantz 6004/5

will sound more warm, less fatiguing than equivalent-priced Rotel amps

and that are better pairing with bright speaker like Klipsch and some B&W...?

Klipsch are not bright or harsh as many people may think. The new reference II series is on a whole new level compared to their previous iterations. I have enjoyed the RF-62 IIs for years since they were released in 2010. I find them quite balanced and are extremely easy to drive. Everything is controlled and it can sound quite musical with Rega Brio-R. It amplifies everything that's good about the amp. It lacks ultimate resolution , some image depth, and need a lot of room to breathe but generally Klipschs make all music genres more fun, engaging and entertaining to listen. Really excellent speakers for the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts