Marantz PM6004 upgrade to a PM8004??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

Just purchased a Marantz PM6004 and a CD6004. Have not hooked anything up yet. I am having second thoughts on maybe upgrading to the more powerful PM8004

Slaseman said that the 6004 integrated amp was NOT powerful enough to drive Focal Chorus speakers. My intent was to get these speakers in the future.

I purchased this AMP based of reveiws and I have always wanted the Marantz for my 2 channel set up.

Should I spend the extra 400 dollars on the PM8004 for the extra 25 watts?

My current speakers are Klipsch RF 82

Room size is 16x14 with 7 foot cellings

I would really rather put the 400 towards speakers when I can.

Coming from a 20 year old low end Onkyo system with 100 watts makes me worry a little.

Any suggestions?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think it's not worth the upgrade.

I compared the PM6003 and PM8003 once and the PM8003 did not sound any better. Maybe a bit more powerful but that's it.

A

Anonymous

ematthews said:
Hello

Just purchased a Marantz PM6004 and a CD6004. Have not hooked anything up yet. I am having second thoughts on maybe upgrading to the more powerful PM8004

Slaseman said that the 6004 integrated amp was NOT powerful enough to drive Focal Chorus speakers. My intent was to get these speakers in the future.

I purchased this AMP based of reveiws and I have always wanted the Marantz for my 2 channel set up.

Should I spend the extra 400 dollars on the PM8004 for the extra 25 watts?

My current speakers are Klipsch RF 82

Room size is 16x14 with 7 foot cellings

I would really rather put the 400 towards speakers when I can.

Coming from a 20 year old low end Onkyo system with 100 watts makes me worry a little.

Any suggestions?

TBH I think the salesman is trying to make a quick buck

The 6004 will drive the RF82's fine; IIRC they're rated fairly easy (8ohms and 98/99db) so you'll be fine. In fact I think the 6004 will do a superb job with them so try them before you make any major decisions!

Ive heard them and their smaller siblings (rb81's) with the NAD C355BEE, C326BEE and the Marantz 6003 amps and they all did very well indeed...

A

Anonymous

Thanks

I know they will drive the RF82's but I intend to get better speakers for my music system. The RF 82's are coming from my home theater set up and sound fantastic. I don't care for them as much in a music setting. I listend to the Focal speakers about a year ago and it was pure bliss. I am not set on them however.

I guess I just worry about the low 45x2 watts. I am american and always thing bigger is better.. Sad isn't it.

I f I keep the PM6004 then I am going to look for a speaker that has a high sensitivity rating so it's easier to drive them. I listen to my music pretty loud.

TRENDING THREADS