Marantz PM6003 or NAD C355?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

Recently I've bought KEF iQ50 floor standing speakers and would like to run them on one of the two options below. Which one would you recommend, for listening to Sting's music, for an example?

Opt 1: Amp Marantz PM6003, CD player Marantz CD6003

Opt 2: Amp NAD C355, CD player NAD C545

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

I would say the Marantz option i have used both setups before with Kef IQ5se and found the NAD to be a little harsh and bright but the Marantaz sounded full, warm, detailed and the sound stage was much broader.

A

Anonymous

Hi, had the same set up, very detailed sound, i've just upgraded to a cyrus system,

so my marantz will be on ebay soon, only upgrading as i was offerd the cyrus at really good price.

defo

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used both Marantz and NAD gear over the years and have come down on the side of the grey boxes for the last 5 years or so. Marantz kit is a bit more analytical and sharp, whereas the NAD gear has always felt more musical to me and more inclined to make me get a CD in to play. Interesting that you have got IQ50s, I'm about to get the same, told by my local HiFi shop that they will be a great upgrade with my NAD stuff.

A

Anonymous

Since I live in Serbia, the price ranges are slightly different than in the UK. For instance (paradoxically) Marantz PM6003 costs around £400 and the CD6003 costs a bit less (£380). I will check tomorrow, but did not see anyone offering Marantz 7001 combo.

I have recently bought whole set of surround speakers and Denon AVR-2310, but want to have "real" stereo over Stereo Amp over Preamp on AVR.

Thank you all for the comments. Keep posting, I am following you.

A

Anonymous

give me an M... give me an A... give me an R... give me an A... you get the idea.

Marantz have a nice sound, the combo shouldn't disappoint.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts