Marantz PM6002 review?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I think I saw Clare mention somewhere that the new Marantz amplifier was to be reviewed in the december iteration of WHFSV, the magazine that supposedly surfaced november 15th. I however haven't been able to pick up a copy yet, do stores not stocking them.

Can anyone confirm that the Marantz was indeed reviewed in the lattest issue, or can anyone tell me if there are any supertests coming up, amplifier wise? Or perhaps a same brand roundup (cd player + amplifier)?

The reason I'm asking is this: I'm on the virge of buying a new amplifier and the Marantz looks tempting, and because I want to build a same brand set-up, I wonder how it would fair with the CD6002.

Kind regards.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's even sooner - 13th December! Apologies for the confusion - I meant the issue out in December, rather than the December issue...(ah, the joys of publishing dates).

The amplifier will be star-rated in its own right, as well as the Marantz system being rated against rivals from many other manufacturers.

A

Anonymous

Oh dear, december 13th. That will probably be around new year here in The Netherlands. Any guesses as to how it will fair? I can get the Marantz with a decent discount of the normal purchase price, but a secondhand PM17 does also look ever so interesting.

Andrew, I'm probably beginning to be a pain in the butt, but what would you do? Sit it out, or go for the PM17 at once? Speakers that will be used, will be B&W 601 S3's.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well I'd sincerely hope that a PM17 would sound better than what is, after all, a relatively entry-level amp (the PM6002), so if the price is right I'd go for the 17

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts