Marantz PM4001 or Nad

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I can choose between Marantz PM4001 (£100) and Nad C315BEE(150) any sugestions?

Cd match ??

Music: blues, rock, jazz

many thanks for help

ps. new to hi fi and english writing ;)

A

Anonymous

I would say go for the Marantz Amp as it is a king of all-rounder music and since you like blues, rock and jazz i think it will be more suited than the Nad.

Get the matching Marantz cd player and i dont think you can go wrong for the price you will fetch them for.

hope this helps

Paul

A

Anonymous

Thanks

There is so many good reviews about Nads that i get confused

Will marantz which is 30W p/ch play good on floorstandong speakers like Mission m33i speakers, wharfedale diamond 9.4??

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I am not familiar with the little Marantz'es but the NAD amp and player are very good. Not long ago such quality would have cost you twice as much. They also look nice and unobtrusive as a pair so can easily be moved to a bedroom/kitchen should you decide to upgrade in a while.

With regards to speakers, unless you already bought a pair, buy a good stand mount/bookshelf rather than floorstanders at that price. There are plenty to choose from and a decent pair of stands can be obtained for 50 quid or so. Alternatively seek out a second hand pair of atacamas for example on ebay for a tenner.

A

Anonymous

hi

C325BEE, 320BEE, 315BEE ??

They all got good reviews and comes around 160£

i cant afford C352 :(

match cd??

Tannoy F1 Custom ?? speakers [/b]

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]I would say go for the Marantz Amp as it is a king of all-rounder music and since you like blues, rock and jazz i think it will be more suited than the Nad.

Get the matching Marantz cd player and i dont think you can go wrong for the price you will fetch them for.

hope this helps

Paul[/quote]

I totally disagree with that. IMO Marantz amps aren't good for rock music at all, the midrange is sucked out for a start...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I am not familiar with any of the NAD's other than the 315. I dont mean to sound arrogant ... the hell with that, why not
emotion-11.gif
but I rarely listen to HIFI at that price unless it happens to play if I walk in somewhere but thats exactly what happened when the little NAD combo played through the companies own little standmounts. Not enough for a recommendation but ... next to it was a musical fidelity/proac system for 3k or so ... the NAD's sounded better, more coherent, more alive than them. Thats a recommendation.

A

Anonymous

ok many thanks

what about the speakers ?

i've found secondhand B&W 601 S2 speakers 150£ - any ideas

unfortunetelly i've got very small budget so i've to look lower than Krell systems ;)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Buszmen"]
what about the speakers ?

i've found secondhand B&W 601 S2 speakers 150£ - any ideas

unfortunetelly i've got very small budget so i've to look lower than Krell systems ;)

[/quote]

If you read my previous reply 'an idea' lies within. I dont like budget B&W's and would steer you towards a second hand pair of Mordaunt Shorts MS10/20is for a few pounds til you can afford better speakers such as Epos M5's etc. Put the money saved towards cables, a rack and music.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi mate i hope i can help..........I have a nad c352 amp but i also have a marantz pm 4200 in a second system... i have a set of mission m33i speakers also... they are both great amps of course the c352 is better at 350 but to give you an idea.
lets start with the marantz amp they have a clear transparant sound (lots of detail) the nad has better timing stereo imaging and the nads tend to be powerfull even with stated ratings they seem to be bigger on bass this is true with all their gear dare i say they both have a in house sound . so if you want big bass and power the nads are better and marantz are great with detail......The m33i missions are a bargain floorstander but are great with all music of course they are budget speakers but i am always impressed with them............Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

I would have to agree with you there on that one, well said.

But WILD WILLY is wrong cos i love rock music and it sounds fine on my Marantz, Mordaunt 902 plus atacama stands combo. Nice punchy base and clear vocals.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]I would have to agree with you there on that one, well said.

But WILD WILLY is wrong cos i love rock music and it sounds fine on my Marantz, Mordaunt 902 plus atacama stands combo. Nice punchy base and clear vocals.[/quote]

Well I've owned two Marantz amps and demoed countless others and found them ALL sub-standard for playing rock music. Certain instruments just disappear from the mix, they have a massive hole in the midrange IMO. Great bass though, I love Marantz bass. It goes terrestrially deep and their tone controls are way better than NAD's. For certain types of music, I could live with a Marantz amp but for rock, there are better alternatives. Such as Naim, NAD and Rotel to name but three.

A

Anonymous

I can kind of see what your saying there, I does have some quality bass but i think i might have to try some other amp then as i love my rock music and if there is amps around the same price as the marantz ones that sound as good/better then i gotta check them out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts