marantz pm 7005 v pm6005

hi there iam upgrading my hifi, iam using marantz mcr510 melody stream at the minute, my speakers are monitor audio bx2, iam just about to buy the pioneer n50a network player, my question is i have been looking at a stereo amp marantz pm7005 or the pm6005, has anyone have any of these amps, would buying the pm7005 over the pm6005 make a big difference, this will be my first proper seperate system so any help would be great

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Terry Smyth said:
hi there iam upgrading my hifi, iam using marantz mcr510 melody stream at the minute, my speakers are monitor audio bx2, iam just about to buy the pioneer n50a network player, my question is i have been looking at a stereo amp marantz pm7005 or the pm6005, has anyone have any of these amps, would buying the pm7005 over the pm6005 make a big difference, this will be my first proper seperate system so any help would be great

i don't know if you can stretch your budget a bit but Do look into pm8005. Its a brilliant amp and will save you from wanting to upgrade for atleast few years.

Most of the dealers are selling them for £595 but if you haggle hard you can get it down to about £560.

rainsoothe

Hi. If your source will be the Pioneer, then geting the PM7005 will be a bit redundant, since it's main attribute is the DAC with USB functionality. If you're not gonna be using a PC or laptop as a source, then I'd suggest you looked at the PM8005, which is a significant step above the 6005. Then, only the speakers will need upgrading :) ( think B&W 685 S2, XTZ 93.23 mkII). If it fits your budget, a serious alternative is Arcam A19, and later upgrade speakers to Focal Aria 906 (but Arcam + Monitor Audio have good sinergy as well).

Cheers everybody for your input, i have been looking around at other amps and i heard the new cambridge cxa60 at richer sounds its sounded fantastic wired up to the new ma bronze 2, it is a bit above my budget at 499 but but great sound does anyone know about cambridge stuff

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Terry Smyth said:
Cheers everybody for your input, i have been looking around at other amps and i heard the new cambridge cxa60 at richer sounds its sounded fantastic wired up to the new ma bronze 2, it is a bit above my budget at 499 but but great sound does anyone know about cambridge stuff
the cambridge cxa80 is a good amp but that's £745 but like others have said the marantz pm8005 is your best bet you can now pick up this amp for £600 as it use to cost £1000 so its a steal the arcam A19 is £600- £650 new the cambridge cxa80 - marantz pm8005 sound much better then the arcam A19 . to get the usb port you need to get 1 of the marantz cd players to get that or the marantz pm6005 amp has usb too

Blacksmith

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
HI Terry

The Cambridge CXA 60 can sound very impressive at the first listen but you need to be aware that it is a very bright sounding amp with a slightly resessed mid range which you may find a bit tiring after a while. It may of course be exactly what you are looking for!

Hope that helps

good luck.

Cheers guys iam a novice, when it comes to stereo amps, ive always listened to my music through av amps, ive heard other people talking about bright sounding,iam not sure what that means sorry for sounding a bit stupid but would that depend on the type of music you listen to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts