marantz pm 17 and marantz cd 17ki mains cables???

vinnie66

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi, i have a marantz pm17 amplifier and want to get a mains cable. My problem is the IEC connector on the back is not a run of the mill sort and only as 2 pins. Also my marantz cd17ki as a fixed cable which is disappointing. I brought both of these nearly 10 years ago when mains cabled where not really thought of and i now wish to upgrade.

Any help or advice is greatly welcomed.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
A

Anonymous

I have the following Marantz Premium components: CD17 MkII, DR17 CD Recorder, PM17 MkII (now functioning as a pre-amp), and the SM17 (power amp). All of these components have 2-pin IEC connectors. The earth pin is not required, because the chassis is double-shielded. You can fit any mains cable with a conventional IEC to these components. On the advice of the Head of Marantz in Germany, I purchased some good quality mains cables for my components, and the sonic improvements were amazing. I have a Missing Link Orbit cable feeding an Isotek Orion mains filter, and cables from Clearer Audio (Copperline and Silverline) and Russ Andrews (Reference), for my components. As has already been pointed out, you need to fit a male IEC to your CD17 cable. You can purchase a silver-plated one for around £10.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Frankly, you're better off replacing the entire cable than just doing a workaround which might negate the benefits, real or otherwise. If you're not handy with a soldering iron, then I'm sure your local electrical repair shop could do it at a reasonable cost.

vinnie66

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. I got two Wireworld Stratus 52 for Christmas and am itching to use them but was scared to do so thinking i may blow my kit some how. I have spoken to a component electrician and he is going to re-wire my cd player with a silver plated IEC connector and use all silver plated plugs from company called Mains Cables r-us which are on Ebay.

I have looked at the site and they have some very good tweaks for Hi-Fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts