MARANTZ PM 11S2 / SA11S2 What speakers?

postup

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys. This seems to have slipped away, somehow

Hello. Just acquired the set new at a price I could not allow to pass. Demoed them with B&W 802D, way beyond my budget. Presently the speakers are AE 109E which will go to my study.

Budget 2000-2500 GBP (max 3000 for something VERY special), would consider ex-demo for similar price, preferably towers, alt. large standmounters.

All your suggestions on speakers suitable for the Marantz set, from experience or reviews, welcome.

Thanks, postup

A

Anonymous

Marantz 11 Series components are neutral and PM11-S2 has power and current reserve to drive demanding loudspeakers. So it's easy to find loudspeakers for your system. Dynaudio Focus 220 MKII is a good start ... You can also try Spendor A6, Elac FS-247 and Harbeth Super HL5.

A

Anonymous

I have used older S1 versions with MA Platinum speakers, PL100 and PL300. That was a very good match and I would recommend it. No problems with power. I used this combination for more than a year. Eventually I moved on and split the amplifier into pre/power.

postup

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
For some reason, David's (of FrankHarvey) post was deleted together with my triple post.

David, I would appreciate if you could post again your comment.

Any suggestions on AR Reference 2? Or larger Spendors (A9) or even classic Spendors (SP1/2R2) ?

Thxs, postup

A

Anonymous

Mordaunt-Short Performance 2 !!!!!!!

been using marantz 11 series (pm11s2/sa11s2) with Mordaunt-Short Performance 2 for 1.5 year period.............excellent sinergy

my recommendation goes for the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6.......stretch your budget.......in that price region simply no rivals.........and in combo with pm11s2........hardly you;ll find better.........TRUST ME..............indeed marantz reference series with mordaunt;s perfromance series = AWESOME performance

(just ignore those who will tell marantz was selling modaunt short speakers..........bla bla bla............the combo is killer !!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts