Marantz NR1608 - Pre Outs

robwt21

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase the Marantz NR1608 to add surround sound to my stereo setup.

I plan to retain my stereo amp, and use an affordable Atmos AV receiver with front pre-outs feeding into stereo amp.

The NR1608 looks to be a good fit, but reading the manual has confused me. The amp clearly has front pre-outs, but the manual makes no mention of these, and seems to refer to them as 'Zone 2' outs for a multi room setup.

Is anyone able to confirm that the NR1608 is able to output the front channels to an external amp?

I currently have the Arcam A39 which unfortunately does not have the 'Main/AV in' connection required for this, so looking to swap for a Roksan K3 integrated. If anyone has any other suggestion, I'll be more than happy =)

Many thanks,

iggy888

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase the Marantz NR1608 to add surround sound to my stereo setup.

I plan to retain my stereo amp, and use an affordable Atmos AV receiver with front pre-outs feeding into stereo amp.

The NR1608 looks to be a good fit, but reading the manual has confused me. The amp clearly has front pre-outs, but the manual makes no mention of these, and seems to refer to them as 'Zone 2' outs for a multi room setup.

Is anyone able to confirm that the NR1608 is able to output the front channels to an external amp?

I currently have the Arcam A39 which unfortunately does not have the 'Main/AV in' connection required for this, so looking to swap for a Roksan K3 integrated. If anyone has any other suggestion, I'll be more than happy =)

Many thanks,
I suspect these pre-outs won't work out as expected. Until recently I had a Yamaha RX-V765 using the pre-outs to my Audiolab 6000CDQ + 6000AP. I;ve just switched to a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500 TV and Denon AVC-3700H (to get 4k processing).
I went to Richer Sounds as the initial advice was that the AVC-2700H had pre-outs,but I was suspicious as they were labelled as Zone 2 on the case. The guy was really good and built me a setup in their auditioning room.
As suspected, the pre-outs worked...... but as Zone 2. In summary, yes the pre-outs will work in practice, however, you have to adjust the Zone 2 volume independently from the main amp volume, so you'd be forever having to balance the two outputs if you wanted to change the overall volume.
The AVC-3700H has 'pukka' pre-outs, so you'd have to consider a higher-spec Marantz.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts