Marantz M-CR603 issue with USB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have a similar problem with their M-CR603?

After switching it on, although it is ready within a few seconds to play a CD or listen to DAB/FM radio, it takes just under 4 minutes before it is ready to use the USB port.

I've tried a couple of USB memory sticks with different numbers of files (an 8GB one with only 20 MP3 files, and a 32GB one with about 900 Flac files) and the result is the same. It's as if the Marantz is doing something in the background for about 4 minutes after being switched on, preventing the use of the USB port during this time. e.g. If I switch on in CD mode, wait 3 minutes, then press "USB", the unit needs nearly another minute before being ready to load the USB stick.

If I go to USB mode during these 4 minutes, the display says:

1/4 Initialising
3/4 Checking connection
1/4 Initialising
3/4 Checking connection
4/4 ??? (didn't catch what it said here!)

From "Loading", it is pretty quick. If I swap USB sticks, it just says "Loading" again and only takes a few seconds to access the new one.

I have just checked that I have the latest firmware, but I have not downloaded the Airplay upgrade as I don't have an iPod/iPhone. My unit is not permanently connected to a network yet, although I hope to do this soon. (I've only connected it to my router upstairs a couple of times in order to update the firmware.)

Bluto

A

Anonymous

Small correction to above post - the display reads:

1/4 Initialize

3/4 Checking info

1/4 Initialize

3/4 Checking info

4/4 Waiting reply (this appears for a split second)

Loading (only a few seconds here then USB access is ok)

It's the first four stages which take a total of nearly 4 minutes. I should also point out that I leave my USB stick permanently connected i.e. it is already in the Marantz when I switch it on.

Bluto

A

Anonymous

Upon reading the manual again more carefully, I found an option I had previously overlooked .

Just in case it helps anyone else with the same issue, turning on "Network Standby" speeds things up dramatically when switching on the unit: it goes straight to "Loading" for the USB.

Bluto

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts