Marantz M-CR502DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am interested in getting the Marantz CR502 and have, what I think, found a good deal. It is the Marantz and Monitor Audios BR1 for £399. I was just wandering whether anyone would know if the MA BR1's are a good match for the Marantz. If not anyone know where there may be a exceptional deal on at the moment. Also is it possible to network your Mac to the Marantz to play off itunes or would it be easier just to get a good quality Ipod dock. Sorry if these are relatively stupid questions but am quite a noob to all this.

Regards

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the Marantz has no network audio capability. To do what you want to achieve, you'll need an external streaming device, such as Apple's Airport Express.

A

Anonymous

Ok fair enough, think ipod dock is the way to go. Just got to find some speakers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It looks powerful enough (50w per channel) so there'd be a whole range of speakers to go for.

Others to consider would be:

Arcaydis DM1's
Q Acoustic 2020's
Tannoy F1's
Monitor Audio BR2's
Monitor Audio RS1's (2nd hand)

Remember to budget for some decent speaker cable as well (Chord Carnival Silverscreen or QED Silver Anniversary XT) at a minimum and also you need to budget for speaker stands (Atacama Nexus 6i's or Sound Style Z2II's) again, at a minimum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts