Marantz Dealers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
AlmaataKZ said:
Also, I am after Audyssey 32XT, and XLR outs.

Anthem's a ARC may well be equivalent to pathetic XT32 on the Marantz, but the MRX receivers don't currently have XLR outputs, so you'd have to look at their dedicated pre/processors that do, but they are much more expensive.

my knowledge of audyssey is limited and on arc non existant. Can you explain?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Many EQ systems don't touch sub frequencies - Yamaha's is the lowest of the rest at about 31Hz. ARC and Audyssey XT32 EQ down to less than 20Hz.

The good thing about suitably equipped XT32 processors, you can add the Pro Kit (at a cost) which allows more measurement points with a higher quality, calibrated microphone, giving a more accurate end result.

The good thing about ARC is that it is a little more flexible in that you can set a variable upper limit for the EQ (no EQ above 4,000Hz, for example) to preserve high frequency integrity.

Thats the condensed version :)

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
What trick am I missing? None of them have xlr, I cannot see any mention of audyssey.

you need to see an optician lol

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=avcontrolamplifier&productid=av8801

and Audyssey XT32 once pro-installed is as good as it gets when it comes the room EQ

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
ideal av said:
AlmaataKZ said:
What trick am I missing? None of them have xlr, I cannot see any mention of audyssey.

you need to see an optician lol

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=avcontrolamplifier&productid=av8801

and Audyssey XT32 once pro-installed is as good as it gets when it comes the room EQ

i am talking abt Anthem, following Rick's post. You are too early to advise optician?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Many EQ systems don't touch sub frequencies - Yamaha's is the lowest of the rest at about 31Hz. ARC and Audyssey XT32 EQ down to less than 20Hz.

The good thing about suitably equipped XT32 processors, you can add the Pro Kit (at a cost) which allows more measurement points with a higher quality, calibrated microphone, giving a more accurate end result.

The good thing about ARC is that it is a little more flexible in that you can set a variable upper limit for the EQ (no EQ above 4,000Hz, for example) to preserve high frequency integrity.

Thats the condensed version :)

Thank you, David. My understanding that Audyssey 32XT has very reserved adjustments in high freqs, whcih I presume will make it very similar in its intent to what you say ARC is doing to preserve high freq integrity.

AlmaataKZ said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi AlmaataKZ

If you're going to stay with 5.1 or 7.1 configuration then i feel that you should also consider Anthem's MRX 310 or MRX 510 for processing/pre amp/amplification. We've also found Anthem Room Correction works superbly with ATC passive/active monitors. Try it as given their price they may also do the trick for your system/room.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks, Rick. Do Anthem publish full discrete remote codes? If so, do you have a link? Also, I am after Audyssey 32XT, and XLR outs.

Hi AlmaataKZ

Out of interest remote codes and additional information about Anthem Room Correction is available on their website.

All the best

Rick @ Musicaft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts