Marantz CR603 ipod 5 and Airplay issue

burtracoon

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've just purchased a Marantz cr603 with some BX2's which I am really pleased with. There are just a couple of issues that I'm struggling to get to grips with and was hoping somebody maybe able to point me in the right direction. Whilst neither are deal breakers it would be nice to have it all working.

The units ipod / usb port recoginises and works fine with my Iphone 4 and an Ipod Nano 3rd generation but I also have an ipod video (5th gen) that whilst it connects ok and can be navigated I get no sound. The Ipod works fine with everything else I have and it is listed as a compatible model and is on the latest update.

I am also struggling to get airplay to work. The unit is connected through a TP link powerline adaptor which I know works fine as use them for Talk Talk Youview tv also. The CR603 is working great on internet radio and also streaming from my PC music library and being controlled using the Marantz app on the Ipad or Iphone. When I select songs on my Iphone I press the Airplay icon and the CR603 goes to Airplay mode, starts to play then it seems the streaming locks up. If I use the Apple Remote app to select a tune from the PC the track etc selects but doesn't play.

I have a Talktalk Huawei HG533 router with the latest v1.14t firmware, I'm leaning to it being more of a router problem and airplay compatibility but am at about the limits of my expertise.

Any thoughts or ideas on either would be greatly apprciated.

A

Anonymous

Have you tried updating the firmware on the marantz, just a thought.

tobythetenor

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the Airplay feature on the M-CR603 was broken with iOS 7 / Mavericks.
I have a similar issue where it does not stream anymore, just shows (list empty).
I've raised this with Marantz / Denon, but they're very slow to accept that it's a problem.

Perhaps if you raise this as well with their customer support, they'll try to fix it.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tobythetenor said:
I think the Airplay feature on the M-CR603 was broken with iOS 7 / Mavericks.

It certainly wasn't / isn't broken with iOS 7.

I updated to iOS 7 the day it came out and it hasn't missed a beat since. (I use AirPlay with my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini and M-CR603 every day.)

Jonathan Cox

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi I have same router and TalkTalk Youview and ISP using powerline adapters. I stream Airplay and Spotify (admittedly via an Airport Express) with no issues. Sorry if that doesn't help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts