Marantz CD6003 + PM6003

A

Anonymous

I was just checking this out! Liked this part in particular ---"For removable storage, a USB input to the same high quality converter based
on the Cirrus Logic CS4398 and specific, developed by Marantz HDAM
signal amplifiers-S2 as the CD drive uses."

Marantz_CD6003_Front.jpg

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Anyone heard the amp or cdplayer already ? I'm afraid they sound exactly the same as the 6002 models. They look much better though............

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got the pair in for test - you'll be able to read the review in our issue that comes out next month. We'll be comparing them with rivals such as the new Cambridge Audio kit: should be a very interesting test!

A

Anonymous

So the CD6003 and PM6003 pair got a 5 star review! These two combined are £600 - how does the sound quality compare to a one-box system like the Arcam Solo Mini (still at £650 at some places)? If I got both of these Marantz units would I get two remotes? Could I control the other unit from each remote?

T

the record spot

Stuart_Haydn:So the CD6003 and PM6003 pair got a 5 star review! These two combined are £600 - how does the sound quality compare to a one-box system like the Arcam Solo Mini (still at £650 at some places)? If I got both of these Marantz units would I get two remotes? Could I control the other unit from each remote?

I would imagine so; I used my remote from the SA7001-KI CDP and it controlled the volume on my Marantz amp - there was around a 7 year gap between the products, so I'd be surprised to hear they remotes for the current models didn't work with the other model.

A

Anonymous

Thanks - I checked the use manual and you get a connecting cable for the remote so thats Ok. I did see the size of the units though. I thought the Arcam was deep a 350mm but the Marantz amp is 369mm deep, and 440mm wide. Unfortuntely too large for me!

A

Anonymous

Stuart_Haydn:So the CD6003 and PM6003 pair got a 5 star review!

Does the article make mention of the differences between the cd6003/cd6002? I've listened to the cd6002 a few times and liked it a lot but haven't had access to the new model.

The latest issue of the mag takes a while to get to shops in Australia so I can't read the review myself - the July issue is currently on stand here. ÿÿÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts