Marantz cd6003 and pm6003 package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm considering the above package which includes Tannoy Mercury v1 speakers for £550. Would it be worth upgrading the speakers or are the better deals / makes to consider?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
An excellent combo but it deserves better speakers.

Although I've not heard the V1's I owned their predecessors the F1 Customs, and excellent budget speakers that they are the Marantz will drive far, far better. A good starting point to listen to would be Dali Lektor 2's. The Monitor Audio range are also a well recommended pairing, although I've not heard them personally.

A

Anonymous

I have not listened to many speakers, but now my Dali Lektor 2's are running in nicely I am astonished how good they are
emotion-59.gif
emotion-11.gif

It's looking like they will the making of my 640 kit after so much frustration over brightness which even my 9.1's wouldn't solve.

Yep like a dog with two tails at the moment. Nice one Dali
emotion-21.gif

matthewpiano

Another recommendation for the Dalis here. Excellent speakers and the next level up from there is the KEF Q300/Monitor Audio RX1. You should also try, as a competitor to the Dalis, the MA BX2.

If you want to keep the budget tight the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 work well with the Marantz kit.

A

Anonymous

Yes thanks Matthewpiano for pointing me to the Dali's..they seem to have done the trick
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS