Marantz CD Players ! Any good ?

jonathanbruce@me

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello there everbody!!

I have just taken order of a Marantz CD player, CD67 for just under £60, (it's not new but it is a seperate unit) which actually sounds better than the cd player unit inside the Marantz Melody M-CR611. Is this because generally seperates are better than inclusive systems ? (I Hope so!) I did listen to the unit through the headphone socket and noticed a better sound from the separate unit than from the Melody unit I have, again using the headphone socket.

I am hoping to move my Marantz Melody unit away from my office into my bedroom, once I find a good Amplifier for my setup, the only reason i haven't is because it has 2 optical inputs for both my iMac 5k and my Minidisc unit which I love using, especially since mp3 music sounds distorted sometimes (too me, that's my opinion though!) It is conveniant at the moment but would to hear your thoughts on

1. The CD player and

2. what you suggest I should do next.

I am thinking of a separate amplifer anyway.. how should i connect the cd player to the amp? spdif or analogue?

All comments are appreciated !!

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I ran a CD67 through a Marantz MCR510 through the analogue inputs and it sounded really really great especially as it only cost me around £50... I don't have the MCR510 anymore but the 67 is in storage ready to slot into a 3rd (vintage) system I'm planning for the gym I'm building at the back of the garage. I can't wait to hear it again, it's a very underrated player and certainly gives the CD63 KI sig a run for its money. Nice retro looks too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts