marantz cd 6003 has any one got it and whats your verdict???

A

Anonymous

Hi gster,
I have the CD6003 paired with the PM6003 and B&W 685s.

To clarify this is my first proper hifi setup and so I don't have a wealth of experience to draw upon when giving my thoughts of the player. What I can say though is that with all the CDs I have, which cover a wide range of genres (Nickelback to John Mayer to Lady Gaga to Addicted to Bass to Fleetwood Mac to..you get the picture
emotion-4.gif
) it does very well and plays them all with out a sweat. However I feel the amp is holding back proceedings when it comes to the heavier music such as Nickelback and Green Day and other complex parts. However this is an awesome budget combo for jazz, acoustic 'simpler' music. As a result i plan to change the amp soon but keep the CD player.

Hope this helps

What other equipment have you got/thinking of getting?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 days for a headphone set-up (a work in progress!) and the detail and imaging are just brilliant which was just what I was looking for (sure it'll be even better with longer use).

It's obvious competitor is the NAD 545BEE which others seem to recommend if your tastes are more for rock music etc., but I personally look at getting the best neutrality and detail from the source then work on the rest to get the sound you want (just my humble opinion).

matthewpiano

I've auditioned the CD6003 comprehensively and it is an excellent machine with a very neutral sound. I still have (though boxed up), a NAD C545BEE which is also very capable but lacks the neutrality and suffers from a noisier than average transport. Where the NAD seems to add extra bulk to the bass, the Marantz plays things straighter and more as they have been recorded on to the disc.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with Jammers - from my mixing and matching the cd 6003 is a better product than the pm 6003. Paired together they are only great with certain sorts of music but matched with the right amp and speakers i'd highly recommend. Also has useful USB connection at front for ipod listening.

unison

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
i have a query about the spec of a CD 6003. If an ipod or usb storage is pluged in can it be outputed out of the CD 6003 digital outputs, or just the normal phono (RCA) output

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts