MARANTZ 6004 CD OR OTHER OPTIONS ???

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I am considering to upgrade my CD to the MARANTZ 6004 CD . the reasonable choice is to match the twin brother Rokasn CD

to my ROKSAN KANDY K2 but unfortunately I can't afford it :cry: . the 6004 CD seems like a good option . What do you think :quest:

matthewpiano

You might want to consider another option. What about buying a cheaper CD player 2nd hand with digital outputs on it and connecting it to your V-Dac II?

If not, the CD6004 is a great player and a good upgrade on your CD5.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Matthewpiano ,

Is the CA 351 is much better than his " younger brother " TOPAZ CD5 ?

Hi plastic penguin ,

What do you think about the Arcam FMJ CD17 ?

matthewpiano

Yes. The Topaz is very good for the price, but the higher quality components including the specially developed audio specific S3 servo and higher quality DAC chips give the 351C a considerable edge in terms of detail and refinement.

I've owned an Arcam CD17. Good player.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the synergy is the most important , I am pretty sure that the best option is the ROKSAN KANDY K2 CD

but I can't afford it I have to match carefully the best CD ( 500 pounds aprox. ) for my system .

ISAC69 said:
Exactly the synergy is the most important , I am pretty sure that the best option is the ROKSAN KANDY K2 CD

but I can't afford it I have to match carefully the best CD ( 500 pounds aprox. ) for my system .

Given your criteria, Arcam would be the match for my taste. I've heard the LIII and K2 with my CD73T, and the CD17 is a little more detailed and not quite as cluttered in the midrange.

Or alternatively, Rega Apollo (original) would make a great synergy choice with the K2.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
ISAC69 said:

Given your criteria, Arcam would be the match for my taste. I've heard the LIII and K2 with my CD73T, and the CD17 is a little more detailed and not quite as cluttered in the midrange.

Or alternatively, Rega Apollo (original) would make a great synergy choice with the K2.

Do you think the ARCAM and Rega are better options than the MARANTZ 6004 CD ?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi ,

My dealer advised me that the ROKSAN KANDY K2 should be the best option for my system But I can't afford it .

he gave me a second hand ROTEL RCD-1520 he said that it is much better option than the MARANTZ CD6004 that I wanted in the first place .

I am auditioning the ROTEL CDP now and it sounds accurate and detaild the sound stage is open and rich and I

think that it will be a good option for me . what to you think ?

ISAC69 said:
My dealer advised me that the ROKSAN KANDY K2 should be the best option for my system But I can't afford it

I am auditioning the ROTEL CDP now and it sounds accurate and detaild the sound stage is open and rich and I

Not heard the newer Rotel CDPs, but only you can really say if it sounds right or not. Rotel have always had a great rep for amps and CDPs, although the last one I auditioned was the RCD 04, which wasn't very impressive. It was fast and detailed but didn't have the overall cohesion of my Arcam TBH.

My current favourite CDPs is still the Rega Apollo or Exposure 2010S.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Plastic Penguin

The ROTEL 1520 is one of the best CDPs Rotel ever did ; it sounds spacious , rich very detailed and punchy and I think with

my ROKSAN KANDY amp the sound stage is great . I don't find WHF review very helpfull I looked at other forums and websites

and found out that the ROTEL received great reviews .

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi ,

My dealer advised me that the ROKSAN KANDY K2 should be the best option for my system But I can't afford it .

he gave me a second hand ROTEL RCD-1520 he said that it is much better option than the MARANTZ CD6004 that I wanted in the first place .

Never trust a dealer! They have their own commericial reasons for recommending things. Their interest is in making money not in getting you a good system. If you think otherwise you are living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Chris

ISAC69 said:
Hi Plastic Penguin

The ROTEL 1520 is one of the best CDPs Rotel ever did ; it sounds spacious , rich very detailed and punchy and I think with

my ROKSAN KANDY amp the sound stage is great . I don't find WHF review very helpfull I looked at other forums and websites

Brilliant. Pleased you like it. As I said haven't heard it, just going by my experience of owning the RCD975, which was excellent, and auditioning the RCD 04, which was the polar opposite.

Certainly the 1520 looks the biz with the slot-entry for the cds.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi ,

Never trust a dealer! They have their own commericial reasons for recommending things. Their interest is in making money not in getting you a good system. If you think otherwise you are living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Chris

Hi Covenanter ,

This specific dealer is also a freind he can give me any CDP I want to audition it in my house and he is very honest

also advised that the best option for me is the ROKSAN KANDY K2 CDP but since I have a very limited budget

he recommenrded to try a second hand ROTEL 1520 that was used only 6 mounth by the owner almost new

and if I would not like I can take any other CDPs he has for a test in my home . I bought all my components from

him it the past based on his huge experience and a true passion for music .

I tried it with my system and the results are great .

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi Plastic Penguin

Brilliant. Pleased you like it. As I said haven't heard it, just going by my experience of owning the RCD975, which was excellent, and auditioning the RCD 04, which was the polar opposite.

Certainly the 1520 looks the biz with the slot-entry for the cds.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Thanks !

TRENDING THREADS