Marantz 6003?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently using a Marantz PM4000 amp to drive my Focal 706v's and it sounds pretty good. I was wondering though if I'd notice much of a difference if I "upgraded" to the 6003, or whether I should save up for something with a little more power, (maybe the rega brio r). I notice the price of the 6003 has dropped to £220 (in anticipation of the new amp arriving in stores), and therefore is quite a bargain. What do you think?

A

Anonymous

It really is down to personal preference. You need to listen to a 6003 with your speakers to determine wether it is better sounding to your ears. Is the 6003 a good amplifier? Yes it is . very good especially for the current price.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I have and love the Focal's. Great detail and clarity, big sound stage, and a really good, tight punchy bass to my ears (did take me a while to appreciate this, though!).

However, they are pretty ruthless with bright/harsh recordings through my Marantz set-up which is why I've switched back to my Dali's for a while. Power isn't an issue as they are an extremely efficient speaker and the Denon DM37, for example, drives them with ease. They are well recommended elsewhere with the likes of NAD and Arcam so I would suggest looking down that route.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a Marantz M-CR603 and have recently upgraded to a Rega Brio R and can tell you that the Rega has a superb sound and is well worth the extra money.

A

Anonymous

Lo Fi said:
I had a Marantz M-CR603 and have recently upgraded to a Rega Brio R and can tell you that the Rega has a superb sound and is well worth the extra money.

I've also upgraded from M-CR603 to the XTZ Class A 100 D3, and it's a complete new world :dance:

A good suggestion would be, to try out your speakers on different amps, to hear the difference. I did not, and made a huge mistake, on that discount :cry:

matthewpiano

The PM6003 is a bargain and partnered correctly is a match for more expensive amps. However, you need to hear one with your Focals to make sure the match would work for you. Great speakers plus great amp don't always make great sound!

The best match I've heard with Focals was Arcam. Really great synergy between the two brands, so might be worth trying!

TRENDING THREADS