many thanks to all with advice on noisy mains transformer

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks to all who gave advice re noisy mains transformer/ I whent back to dealers and had a listen to another mf m6i which was silent( the transformer that is ) and they swapped it with out any problems

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Is the new one still silent at home ?

Noisy transformers can be caused by less than perfect mains (harmonics or slight "DC" offset).

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
new m6i is very quiet you can hear mains transformer if you put your ear right up against it .Before you could it hear about 3 meters away and I am sure new one sounds better so right know I am as happy Larry:cheer:

A

Anonymous

I have found that recently since I moved house the sound on my hifi has changed dramatically. I run quad ESL63s with quad amps and found that my new house the hifi sounded much warmer and less clinical. After much deliberation and investigation (firstly into room acoustics) I doscovered that my old electricity supply was from a nucleur power station (Sellafield) and my new from a coal station.

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
toyota man said:
new m6i is very quiet you can hear mains transformer if you put your ear right up against it .Before you could it hear about 3 meters away and I am sure new one sounds better so right know I am as happy Larry:cheer:

Excellent stuff :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts