Manchester Show

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Like a lot of us Im looking forward to this years Manchester show.

This will be our third show, at the first I was impressed at the quality of the food, we hadnt eaten that day so we were pleasantly supprised, so last year we thought we would eat at the show and the food was dreadful and the staff unhelpful.

Moving on to the exhibitors 99% were fine but the staff in the Yamaha room are so ignorant, the first year I thought it was just me but last year once again a room of ignorant

EDITED BY MODS

, I just wanted to give them a slap and this is from a long time Yamaha owner, on the other side the JVC staff were superb, very helpful and attentive along with the chaps in the Unison/ Thorens room.

Ive got to ask why does it seem that every room is doing its demos with Jazz, for crying out loud some of us dont like random notes played in random order but last year it seemed to be every room, when I asked if we could listen to one of our Cds on the Unison system (Depeche Mode 101 and Sometimes) the Jazz fans had a strop and stormed out of the room...fantastic....

Dont worry my whisky fueled rant is nearly over, Every year I spend time in the Naim room, what is it about that demo as it sounds

EDITED BY MODS

and upto recently I thought Naim was just over priced tat, hear me out here, that was until I had the pleasure of have a Nait XS on loan, what a superb piece of kit, I kept making excuses to disappear into my room just to listen to it, I was even listening to Rod Stewart and I cant stand him and even Trouble by Coldplay sounded good so Naim I take it all back....:)

Anyway Rant over, hope its a good one

John

A

Anonymous

i dont think i had a bad time at the show, the other people coming to the show were kinda rude, but the staff werent that bad at all, they all seemed very pleasant to me...

EDITED BY MODS

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Music choice is always a pain at shows, we never play Jazz and people still complain - or worse, walking in and turn their nose up like you've just offended their ears before storming out. You should always bring your own material and ask if the company can play it, most will oblige, sometimes there are others who are listening so you may have to wait a while though. You also can't win on AV/Stereo dems - people always want what you don't have.

Suggestion for WHF team - do a blind listening demo, have half a dozen manufacturer's product playing behind a curtain (obviously could vary speakers/CD/amp etc for shows - would also be a good test of laptop/MP3 vs Hi-Fi!). I would love to do this but can't as a manufacturer!
emotion-2.gif
We've won every blind listening test we've been in to my knowledge (not that there have ever been that many, though another mag has just started them up again - it's a great feature to get around any claims of bias!) , I'd like to see if we can keep up the trend...

A

Anonymous

i'd second blind testing at shows (after going to the Bristol 2010 show in Feb), particularly comparing gear at the three price points. i'd love to hear a blind test of WHF's midrange vs high-end to experience the difference in sound quality £6.5k buys me!

like Jim I'd also like to hear music through itunes/DAC compared to a traditional set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts