Manchester M56 closed from juntion 9 all weekend

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
All traveling to manchester the m56 will close this week end at J7-J9 from 10pm tonight . I live in manchester so can tell anyone traveling from the south upto manchester this is bad news forum friends . Also there is the MAN UTD vs WEST BROM football match with 76,000 fans heading to old trafford with the Brom fans traveling up the M6 . Nothing but pain. Please dont let this put you off a great show . http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1345817_m56_hit_by_two_weekends_of_roadwork_chaos?rss=yes&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+menews%2Fnews+%28News+-+Manchester+Evening+News+-+RSS+Feed%29

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
West Brom have 75,000 fans?!!

You learn something new every day!
emotion-2.gif

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes because MAN UTD apparently dont have any supporter from manchester so they well could be from west brom or southerners. Maybe.

A

Anonymous

... Not much maybe about it

Anyone thats been in Manchester Piccadilly station before a match at Old Trafford will gather how much of Utd's support actually comes from Manchester.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Last time we did the Manchester show we had exactly that problem with Man U playing on the Sunday afternoon - took me around 3 hours just to get to the M6! Was not helped by the fact my car seemed to develop a cooling fan malfunction so I had to sit with the heaters on full blast to keep the engine running and had to have windows fully open despite the rain to avoid frying... In hindsight, probably why I've been reluctant to do it since!
emotion-5.gif
(In fairness it's a great show - time/manpower constraints have been the main reason we aren't attending this year)

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
grifz:( had windows fully open despite the rain) Rain in manchester? Ok so we have tropical weather.

Edited my comment to make more sense!
emotion-1.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Coming up from the south and heading to the city centre I'd never use the M56 anyway. Carry on up the M6 to the M62 and head into Manchester M62/M602 route.

By the way, I live in Manchester and its throwing it down at the moment!

michael hoy

DIB:
Coming up from the south and heading to the city centre I'd never use the M56 anyway. Carry on up the M6 to the M62 and head into Manchester M62/M602 route.

By the way, I live in Manchester and its throwing it down at the moment!

Dib,

We should be OK then from the Leeds side, travelling up the M1 tomorrow then heading towards Manchester.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts