making mahogany speakers black or any other colour!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
anyone ever changed the colours of there speakers and what did they use?

i have a pair of mahogany speakers and want to make them black - have had shoe polish, furniture stain and coloured car wax recommended - any other ideas?

A

Anonymous

I used wood veneer on my previous speakers - fiddly, looks terrific, butÿ

WHY BLACK? What's wrong with the original finish? There's nothing worse than tacky black speakers, which were the rage 10 years or so ago.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i could just keep the original finish gf not a big fan although only for my spare room - the top and front of speakers are a grey finish almost black so thought black would be easiest as didn't really want to paint them any other colour but guess i am open to any suggestions

A

Anonymous

OK, then just sand and paint. If you can spray, the finish will be better, but note that the masking takes longer than the spraying, and you need to spray inside (as in a garage, not the garden) using multiple thin coats. Also, you should use a spray gun, not one of those cans.

I'm assuming your speakers are wood-veneered mdf. If they have a plastic, fake wood veneer, then you're best off leaving them as they are.ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh: I'm assuming your speakers are wood-veneered mdf. If they have a plastic, fake wood veneer, then you're best off leaving them as they are.

thats prob a good description they are just not very exciting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts