Major dilemma....

CarlitoGR

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi!I am a new member in What HI FI and i need your help.So to my question,should i buy the dali zensor 7 for L/R speakers of my home theater and pair them with the Yamaha rx-v779 or should i throw more money and buy a pair of Klipsch R-28F together with the Yamaha RX-A2050.My living room is about 50m2 and i want my system to perfom well in music too(i want to be able to throw some parties*music2*).Does the deference in cost reflects the deference in quality and loudness too?I am really counting on your help because here in Greece its very difficult to hear the equipment you are about to buy.Thanks and sorry for my bad english , i have nt used the language for a while.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
CarlitoGR said:
Hi!I am a new member in What HI FI and i need your help.So to my question,should i buy the dali zensor 7 for L/R speakers of my home theater and pair them with the Yamaha rx-v779 or should i throw more money and buy a pair of Klipsch R-28F together with the Yamaha RX-A2050.My living room is about 50m2 and i want my system to perfom well in music too(i want to be able to throw some parties*music2*).Does the deference in cost reflects the deference in quality and loudness too?I am really counting on your help because here in Greece its very difficult to hear the equipment you are about to buy.Thanks and sorry for my bad english , i have nt used the language for a while.

I would suggest buying the Yamaha RX-A2050 first and seeing how you like the sound with your existing speakers. What HIfi just did a review of the Yamaha RX-A850 and gave it five stars, so the RX-A2050 should be great - I'm planning on buying one myself by the end of the year.

I have a pair of Klipsch RF-2 Reference II floor standers (5 1/2 inch woofers) which sound fair, but not fantastic, for hifi. The sound is "thin", probably due to the small size of the woofers. Maybe bigger Klipsch speakers would be better, but I would not know My wife bought me these as part of a complete set of Klipsch Reference II surround sound speakers a couple of Christmases ago, but I wish she'd spent the same money on one pair of better fronts.

CarlitoGR

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I saw the review of the A850 and i am so impressed I maybe buy this insteed of the A2050...I have an old two channel pioneer (A401) which i intend to use untill i have the money to buy my new AV,so the problem is that i have heard the zensors in a big chain store and i was not impressed by the loudness this speaker produces,maybe the employee did nt push them hard or the av paired with was not strong enough,thats why i am looking to R-28F which are almost twice the price of the zensors.I want my speakers to be able to fill with music the 50m2 of my living room.

CarlitoGR

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Finally i bought the zensors 3 because these would work fine as front L/R speakers but also as surounds if i needed more power and had to go to zensor 7 or r-28f.Now i hooked them up to my pioneer and i could nt believe the sound they are capable to produce these little speakers.So i am not sure yet if i need the extra power of zensors 7 or r-28f so i will go for the subwoofer of the zensors series and then for the av (a850 or a2050) and then decide about bigger front speakers or an extra pair of zensors 3 for suround.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I had Dali Speakers before the B&W i have now & the Dali sub is not good for the money IMO. I got the sub i have now to go with Dali IKON 6's & 2'S & it is a lot better than the Dali Ikon Sub & the Zensor Sub. No need to go for the top of the range either the £499 B&W 610 is ample for a medium size room i would suggest you have a demo of both if possible i found the B&W one a lot more musical & in time..

Regards ..Paul

CarlitoGR

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply F1only!Is the difference so obvious between the two subs or is just about details ,because i fear that maybe zensors 3 might not pair well with the B&W sub.What av receiver do you propose for taking full advantage of the zensors?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts