Mains regulator

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone inform me whether ANY mains regu;ator will do for ANY amp (as long as it covers its wattage needs)?

As i understand it is wiser to use mains regulator from the same brands, if available? If this is not the case will different brand mains regulator make a difference for different brands for amps, cds, streaners etc?

Which mains regulators would you suggest (i will be using it for an Harman Kardon HK990)?

Thanks

Bigsounds

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
L00k_C said:
From what I am reading from forums like these....

Don't think that you need all the things you read, so much of this stuff is a total waste of money, or would possibly make things sound worse. If you really feel you need a mains regenerator, not a filter, then try before you buy.

abacus

The Cyrus you mention is not a mains regulator, but a separate power supply to supplement the one in the equipment itself, thus theoretically providing a better performance. (They are specific to the manufactures equipment and will not work with others)

A mains regulator is a separate unit that makes sure the voltage remains constant no matter what is going on in the outside world, and will also provide filtering of the incoming power supply, (You will find them in mission critical environments like hospitals, server centres, industrial processes etc.) however in most cases they are way over the top for a home audio system thus any benefit will be minimal.

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts