Mains Conditioners

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Every hifi will have a plethora of leads criss crossing at the back, so just ensuring they are shielded will make a world of difference.

ÿ

JoelSim:

Every hifi will have a plethora of leads criss crossing at the back, so just ensuring they are shielded will make a world of difference.

Absolutely, Joel. As an ex-fire risk assessor, I would rather see the cables flapping around, or, away from each other to lessen the possibibility of overheating.

What I would like to establish is whether the improvement to sound is worth the addional costs?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:JoelSim:

ÿ

Absolutely, Joel. As an ex-fire risk assessor, I would rather see the cables flapping around, or, away from each other to lessen the possibibility of overheating.

What I would like to establish isÿwhether theÿimprovement to sound is worth the addional costs?

I wasn't considering the fire risk, just electronic interference. It's a no-brainer to me and the cables will outlive the system. Money well spent and a basic upgrade for each component.

ÿ

ÿ

JoelSim:plastic penguin:JoelSim:

What I would like to establish is whether the improvement to sound is worth the addional costs?

I wasn't considering the fire risk, just electronic interference. It's a no-brainer to me and the cables will outlive the system. Money well spent and a basic upgrade for each component.

The fire risk is something that's too commonly overlooked. Anyone can have a risk assessment done fairly cheaply. I know the Fire Brigade offer a "risk" service and I think it's worth while, especially when you have little'uns in the house.

Moreover, I'll look into the conditioners more closely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts