mains circuit conditioner

A

Anonymous

look at russ andrews' sweb site.they sell stuff like that. its expensive though and might be a hassle.you could probably do it more cheaply with a decent mains filter that removes RF1 and other interference.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shanej"]
Is anybody aware of a mains conditioner that can be wired into a dedicated hifi mains circuit run directly from the house distribution board
[/quote]

Why do you want to do that?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Keith McAlpine"][quote user="shanej"]

Is anybody aware of a mains conditioner that can be wired into a dedicated hifi mains circuit run directly from the house distribution board
[/quote] Why do you want to do that?[/quote]

So that his hi fi is isolated from the rest of his mains which is connected to tvs,fridges,wash machines etc ,all of which create electrical noise which can be heard in your hi fi. Note the word can.Not everyone is affected by it. No doubt you will say that they dont work.Another great con and conspiracy theory to take advantage of the general public.

A

Anonymous

Yes, i suppose i could edit that last post but then i added the last bit in the hope that it would save me having to add it later on anyway. I had no idea that there were even people who disputed that mains conditioners and cables make a difference, until i came on this forum.The effect is so obvious to me it did not even cross my mind. Never mind, nothing like a good internet forum bit of argy-bargy.

A

Anonymous

I think as well that people forget, including myself, that texts, e mails, forum posts etc can often come across as very black and white and quite aggressive , when often that is not intended. I think thats why topic posts can sometimes get a bit mad.There is no tone in type, except if you type in capitals, Although who thought that up i don't know.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"]So that his hi fi is isolated from the rest of his mains which is connected to tvs,fridges,wash machines etc ,all of which create electrical noise which can be heard in your hi fi.[/quote]

They are still all connected together even if they do have their own spur and he doesn't say anything about experiencing noise on his hi-fi.

Which is why I asked why he wanted to do it.

A

Anonymous

No answers yet then?

If it helps I'll add a bit more info.

I have just had an extension built and have the option of a general electrical ring main plus a dedicated hifi ring main. Give this oppotunity exists if a product exists it seems sensible to wire it directly within this main rather than having any additional box located beneath my hifi. Which given this is all Cyrus would perhaps look a bit odd compared to the rest??????????

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"]I had no idea that there were even people who disputed that mains conditioners and cables make a difference, until i came on this forum.The effect is so obvious to me it did not even cross my mind. Never mind, nothing like a good internet forum bit of argy-bargy.[/quote]

What difference do mains conditioners make, apart from a dent in the bank balance?

A

Anonymous

This looks like excellent value if you have an interference problem.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mains-Conditioner-Frequency-Interference-Filter/dp/B000PS5700

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Keith McAlpine"]This looks like excellent value if you have an interference problem.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mains-Conditioner-Frequency-Interference-Filter/dp/B000PS5700
[/quote]

that one received 5 stars from what hi fi?. its the one i have.rrp £40 but on e bay new for £18.50

A

Anonymous

They remove RFI and any noise in your mains supply. My hi fi sounded good without one but when i added it( and it was no more expensive than a standard mains board) it improved the sound.Not hugely but certainly noticeably.On a mates system it made a bigger difference. As for the isotek clean line or mini sub, they are a lot more high tech and can make huge differences to sound and your tv picture.The mini sub in particular has to be heard to be believed. It made such a difference to a mates system that it was as if he had just upgraded his amp and cd player.No kidding.Unbelievable performance.Rather pricey though.

A

Anonymous

Got one here, a Unisys MicroPower MPC II EX, used to feed a mainframe once upon a time. It's a hefty beast (8kVA!) with an 8-way distribution board (4x15A, 4x20A) built into the back, does isolation and conditioning and gives a steady 240V output with anything from 175V to 276V input!

Was thinking of outing it on eBay, but a mate of mine's moving to Spain so I'm letting him have it to filter the filthy mains he's got out there!

Here it is, oh and by the way, that's a 16mmý FLEX going into it - I don't think a 13A plug's going to fit somehow...

MicroPower1.jpg

MicroPower2.jpg
MicroPower3.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts