Mains cables / powerboards - Australia

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know we have a few Aussies here - Dantan et al. - can you guys point me in the direction of replacement mains cables etc in Australia - the likes of Supra or Clearer Audio etc?

A

Anonymous

I bought Clearer Audio power cables direct from their website. You should be able to get VAT deducted from the price too. You can get them to fit an aussie plug as well, but I just went for a standard UK plug to use with a Tacima powerboard, which I bought from another UK website - hificables.co.uk (they also deduct VAT).

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

You can get Supra from Secher Audio (Nordost as well) or from Trevor Lees. Amber power leads from Audiophile. You can also get DH labs or Zion power leads from Sound reference. All these shops are in Melbourne.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys - I've bought quite a few pieces of equipment from HiFi Cables UK but didnt realise they would fit Aussie plugs. Thanks for the Melbourne stores too - I'm in Brissie but I'm sure most will pop them in the post anyway. Thanks for the help.

A

Anonymous

It's Clearer Audio who will fit Australian plugs, and obviously just for their own products!

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I got an email back from CA - rather quickly too I might add so once I figure out what length cables I need, I'll put in an order. Just curious, which cables did you buy? I'm looking at the Copperline Power Cable but am wondering if its worth the extra $$$'s for the Furutech plugs - seems a big price upgrade and not sure if its likely to be worth it?

A

Anonymous

I bought two Copperline power cables, fitted with standard UK plugs. So I can't comment on the Furutech plugs.

A

Anonymous

Be very careful doing business with Trevor Lees Audio in Kew - Melbourne,

Read my blog to find out all the details..www.high-fidelity.com.au.

ÿMy advice is hes one to avoidÿ

A

Anonymous

Scott_mck:

Thanks for the heads-up but not to worry, I'm in Brisbane so wont be going there. I got ClearAudio CopperLine direct from CA and cant recommend them more - CA's service is exceptional as an aside.

Had a look at your blog - good on you - I thought about doing a similar one about my similarly nightmarish experience at the hands of Grundig Australia - in the end I decided not to waste any more time on them but I'll never EVER touch Grundig again as long as I live.

A

Anonymous

Scott_mck:

Hope your hearing goes well. That really sucks.

A

Anonymous

fast eddie:Scott_mck:

Hope your hearing goes well. That really sucks.
I second that and good on you for having a go - not going hard enough at Grundig left me with an $8,000 lemon and 5 years of frustration so I hope you get it sorted out.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Scott_mck:

My advice is hes one to avoid

Interesting website he has - doesn't seem to have been updated since 1999!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts