Mains cable

oakesy

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
I want to upgrade the mains cable to my samsung 40" LE40C530 F1WXXU TV. Will it make any difference to sound or picture quality, I am thinking of the Merlin Tarantula MK6 as this is in about the right price range. I have SKY HD. ONKYO 608 AMP.and SONY S570 BLU-RAY.

Any comments.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Buy it from a dealer whom you can return it to - with a no quibble refund - if you are not satisfied a difference exists.

If the dealer's return period is xx days, but he tells you the cable's ideal 'burning in' period is much longer, then walk away.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
oakesy:

I want to upgrade the mains cable to my samsung 40" LE40C530 F1WXXU TV. Will it make any difference to sound or picture quality, I am thinking of the Merlin Tarantula MK6 as this is in about the right price range. I have SKY HD. ONKYO 608 AMP.and SONY S570 BLU-RAY.

Any comments.

Waste of money, the cable supplied with the TV will do fine.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
oakesy:
I want to upgrade the mains cable to my samsung 40" LE40C530 F1WXXU TV. Will it make any difference to sound or picture quality, I am thinking of the Merlin Tarantula MK6 as this is in about the right price range.

Any comments.

Yes.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
oakesy:

Any comments.

It'll be almost imposible to make comparisons between mains cables unless you have identical tv's with exactly the same display set up side by side. Buy from someone that will allow you to return it if you don't perceive any improvement.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think mains cables can make a difference to sound quality, but for picture quality on a TV? To be honest I tried it and I could not tell any difference.

Best bet is to get one you want on a money back guarantee like what chebby said above.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw:007L2Thrill:

Best bet is to get one you want on a money back guarantee like what chubby said above.

Are you impugning his physique??

Not at all! It was a spelling mistake made by my word processor. Thank you for pointing it out.

My apologizes to chebby there was nothing meant by this as I was writing a couple of letters out on my word processor and I thought I use it for replying to this thread and when I wrote your user name it must of changed the "e" to a "u" and I never noticed.

oakesy

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, bit of a mixed bag. Got the cable anyway and noticed the sound is better picture slightly better on TV,have not tried blu ray yet. Many thanks guys.

oakesy

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes read the reviews which is why I was tempted but wanted a response from someone who had one and could give independent advise. Thanks anyway

TRENDING THREADS