Magic spray for my faulty knob ;-)

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello again,

I have the much loved (by a few) and generally despised by most, Roksan K2 amp. I'm noticing a rather annoying hiss through my speakers when using the volume button, generally when using the IR remote. I've read a few posts previously where some 'spray' seems to rid most problems relating to annoying knobs (I can't help myself :) sorry I'm having a silly Sunday!) I think it may have been TrevC who mentioned it... Is this fault an issue experienced by others and is it best just to ship the thing back to Roksan for check up! ;-)

Many thanks

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Spiny,

I suppose a call to Roksan won't hurt then. To be honest I'd rather not go through all the hassle of reboxing and sending it off. Just hoped it wasn't the beginning of a more serious issue. It is only audible when the volume control is in motion. Ta

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
I'm noticing a rather annoying hiss through my speakers when using the volume button, generally when using the IR remote.

Sounds like electrical noise from the motor used to drive the volume control being picked up in the audio circuits. Not likely to be something solvable with Servisol: will probably be a 'return for service' job, but it's likely you'll be told it's within specification if the noise is only there while the volume control is in motion.

EDIT: Answered before you changed the description from hiss to crackle. If it's a crackle then could be the volume potentiometer itself rather than noise from the motor – but this may be a sealed unit, and thus impervious to Servisol.

TrevC

luckylion100 said:
Thanks Spiny,

I suppose a call to Roksan won't hurt then. To be honest I'd rather not go through all the hassle of reboxing and sending it off. Just hoped it wasn't the beginning of a more serious issue. It is only audible when the volume control is in motion. Ta

It's unlikely to be the start of anything serious. As has already been said it's probably interference from the motor. I'm surprised they haven't fitted a cap to suppress any noise like that.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
Magic spray for my faulty knob

Try spraying this on your Roskan. That should give it a ballsy full blooded sound.

Energy-Penis-Cream-Spray-Penis-Power-Spray-Starkt-Ihre-Mannlichkeit-Boosts-Your-Man-Power.jpg

TRENDING THREADS